1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT Orgo

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by moocow012, Jul 30, 2006.

1. moocow012

moocow012 New Member

Is orgo a big part of the MCAT? Say, can I skip it completely and still get a 12 on the BS? Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. luckycharms08

luckycharms08 all it takes is one =)
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It all depends on your form. But I highly doubt that you would be able to get a 12 if you don't study it at all. It's a big risk to take, especially because the orgo on the MCAT isn't that complex, so most of it should be easy points.

4. jsol

jsol Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    about 25 questions are orgo. So there is no way you can make a 12 by skipping. You have to know the orgo, i know it sucks but theres no way around it.

5. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Agree on the easy points, plus i think its easy to study. Now Micro on the other hand :thumbdown:

6. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student

No. Bad Idea. Spectroscopy questions are easy points if you have a basic understanding of NMR. You'll get at least 2-3 passages plus a few discretes. That's upwards of 20-25 questions.

7. WilliamsF1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    After taking a couple AAMC practice tests, I have to agree. If things stay like this, I'm hoping for as much Orgo as possible on my form.

8. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had two killer orgo passages, both on R&S isomers which I thought was odd. I guess it was making up for a relatively easy VR section on my form.

EDIT: I also had a synthesis passage, but they mixed in some questions on enzymes so it wasn't excusively orgo.