1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MCAT Orgo

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by moocow012, Jul 30, 2006.

1. moocow012

moocow012 New Member

Is orgo a big part of the MCAT? Say, can I skip it completely and still get a 12 on the BS? Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. luckycharms08

luckycharms08 all it takes is one =)
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It all depends on your form. But I highly doubt that you would be able to get a 12 if you don't study it at all. It's a big risk to take, especially because the orgo on the MCAT isn't that complex, so most of it should be easy points.

4. jsol

jsol Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    about 25 questions are orgo. So there is no way you can make a 12 by skipping. You have to know the orgo, i know it sucks but theres no way around it.

5. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Agree on the easy points, plus i think its easy to study. Now Micro on the other hand :thumbdown:

6. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student

No. Bad Idea. Spectroscopy questions are easy points if you have a basic understanding of NMR. You'll get at least 2-3 passages plus a few discretes. That's upwards of 20-25 questions.

7. WilliamsF1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    After taking a couple AAMC practice tests, I have to agree. If things stay like this, I'm hoping for as much Orgo as possible on my form.

8. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had two killer orgo passages, both on R&S isomers which I thought was odd. I guess it was making up for a relatively easy VR section on my form.

EDIT: I also had a synthesis passage, but they mixed in some questions on enzymes so it wasn't excusively orgo.