1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT Prep Method

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by NJdcjr22, Aug 9, 2015.

1. NJdcjr22

2+ Year Member

a

#1 NJdcjr22, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gothicfoxes

gothicfoxes MD & MPH goals
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Have you taken college classes for bio, chem, orgo, physics, biochem, soc & psych? Starting with that is best.

4. NJdcjr22

2+ Year Member

Yes, I've taken all the prerequisites.

5. nomdeplume1234

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would hire 100 private tutors and have them compete for positions of each subject on the MCAT. They would all have MD PHD JD and some other stuff would be nice. Then I would have electrodes put in my brain to give me pleasure when I did good and shock me when I did bad. Then I'd hire an excel expert to graph out the results so I could come on here and humble brag every once in a while. I'd also pay NOVA or one of those companies with fancy movie skills millions of dollars to finally make some good videos that don't look like stick models so I could visualize some of the biology or biochemistry stuff. I would have a doctor monitoring me 24/7 and titrating nutrients into my IV whilst I studied to ensure peak performance.

6. NJdcjr22

2+ Year Member

Thanks for that, really helpful :clap:

7. tzehra_

Pre-Medical

8. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Don't know, but the fact is they could get beat by someone with virtually no resources.

9. pstrick

2+ Year Member

They could, but let's not pretend that wealthy test takers don't have an advantage.

10. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Without any peer-reviewed research to back up our claims? Come on....we were taught better than that, right?