MCAT Princeton review self paced course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am entirely out of studying material for the MCAT. I did self studying last summer with EK, Princeeton review workbook (verbal and sciences), as well as some kaplan stuff. My real area of focus is Verbal Reasoning. I came across Princeton's self paced course and was wondering if it would give me new and quality practice material to study with. Has anyone taken the course? Would taking the course provide more practice material for Verbal Reasoning

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a big fan of these online courses because they aren't specific enough to your needs. However, if you really think it's going to help you then go for it. Keep in mind most people do not take courses and in my experience the most successful people do all self-study. This is because you need self-motivation and self-directed learning that is focused on your weaknesses.

VR has a slow learning curve, many people improve towards the end so don't give up, just keep on practicing and reading relevant/sophisticated articles. VR improves over time.

Last edited:
Hello,

I had a question regarding becoming an MCAT tutor. Are there any minimum requirements required to become a private MCAT tutor such as scoring in a certain percentile or other accomplishments? Or is this area not regulated by the AAMC etc..?

You typically need at least 90th percentile (33). The ones around me have quotas where the tutor needs to have scored a 35. So I think it depends. But usually 33-35 is bare minimum