MCAT Review Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alceria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's do an informal poll...If you took an MCAT review course, please tell us which one you took, and whether or not you thought it was any good. If you took the MCAT, then took a review course, and then re-took the MCAT, please let us know how much it raised your score.

And if anyone has taken the Kaplan MCAT Review recently and is willing to part with their review books provided in the course, I'd be very interested in buying them. Please email me. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

------------------
^v^

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Princeton Review course a while back, and I was really pleased. I went from a 24 on the first practice test to a 37 on the real thing, although I might point out that I thought PR made the practice tests harder than the real thing in order to increase the student's feeling of improvement.

In my mind, the most significant benefit of the course is that it provides structure and deadlines to help you study a large amount of material. Further, I was able to relax and feel far more confident going into the test thanks to the peer support network that the class provided. All of us in the class helped each other through.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Princeton Review, and that's going to probably be the one I take, however, I hear the books from Kaplan are awesome, and you don't really need the Kaplan course if you have the books. I'm hoping to find a copy of the Kaplan books, and take the PR. We'll see! Thanks for responding.

------------------
^v^

I took the Kaplan course twice (looong story)....and found that the best part were the books and the endless practice tests (both AAMC, Kaplan topicals, and full-lengths). The second time I took it I didn't bother going to class, and really studied the books they gave as well as the practice materials.
Once you've got the basic concepts under your belt, practice, practice, practice!! It really helps you with time management and also being familiar with the format of the test. In the end, I did pretty close to what I would get at Kaplan, except I did a lot higher on the Physical Science portion...because Kaplan truly overprepares you for that
smile.gif

hope this helps