MCAT score predictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It will be amusing to pull up this thread in late May.

You can use my format if you so choose.

Verbal 14
PS 12
BS 12
Writing R
TOTAL 38R

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
P 12-13
V 10-11
B 11-13

33-37. . .35 is my goal. The highest on a single practice test for me at this point is 34. Hopefully on judegement day I'll get in the proverbial zone and tear this beast up.Maybe in June we will look back at this thread and all be amazed at how we far surpassed our predictions. Good luck to everyone! Cerb, I noticed you are interested in USUHS. I've been looking at that place a lot lately, too. Sounds like an interesting option if you can handle the service commitment. Well, I got to write an econ paper by friday so I better get back to it. peace.

Capt

Pinkertinkle said:
Some of you guys are pretty optimistic.
Yah. But, in theory, the AAMC practice exams are the best predictors of results on the real thing. After all, they *are* real MCATs, unlike the test-prep company versions.

And my practice results suggest my prediction. I am taking the best case scenario, so that is optimistic.

Members don't see this ad :)
we should post both our average scores on our practice exams and our predictions!!!

Both AAMC and Kaplan were WAY off for me! I was scoring 12-14 on all sections and ended up with 8 8 9

Pinkertinkle said:
AAMC was 9 points off for me, pretty inaccurate in my case.

eeks, what happened to ya'll who were 4-9 points off AAMC pracice?? :(:

jhk43 said:
eeks, what happened to ya'll who were 4-9 points off AAMC pracice?? :(:

I wish I knew :(
For the most part, however, there seems to be only a 1-2 point swing.

captbadass said:
Cerb, I noticed you are interested in USUHS. I've been looking at that place a lot lately, too. Sounds like an interesting option if you can handle the service commitment. Well, I got to write an econ paper by friday so I better get back to it. peace.

Capt

Right now it is probably my top choice. The service committment is quite a bit though. Hopefully, i'll rock the mcat saturday so I can get an interview and see if I really like it:)

Good luck

10-11 Bio
12-13 Verbal
10 Phy

32-34 total

Good luck everybody! I know I'm gonna need some...

ill play along...

what ill get if i hit what i perceive to be my potential... 13P, 12V, 12B (37, yay!!)
what i will probably get... 12P, 10-11V, 11B (33-34, yay.)

I'm hoping I don't have an F&^!@& stroke.
Predictions:
PS-not as high as I want
Verbal- not good enough for school
Bio- Not as high as I want

HAHAHAHA, MCAT SCORE PREDICTIONS....AKA.....

THE JINX THREAD!!!! :smuggrin: :eek:

I'm not taking this April, but I was actually thinking about how people's predictions would translate into results. This should be an interesting thread. Good luck to you all. I especially enjoyed Cerberus' post and his 5-7 point ranges for every portion. It's hardly a prediction if you say you will score between 25-40!

Here are my MCAT Predictions/Resolutions ::

If I score ::

32 [PS 11, VR 10, BS 11] --> I will buy my co-workers pizza for lunch!

34 [PS 12, VR 10, BS 12] --> I will buy my girlfriend a Steak Dinner at Ruth's Chris Restaurant, plus the above.

35 [PS 13, VR 10, BS 12] --> I will buy myself a NICE dress shirt, NICE tie, plus the above.

30 or below [PS 10, VR 10, BS 10] --> I will cry... minus the above. :scared:

Mark my words!

thekegalman said:
dont count your chickens before they hatch!

All good chickens make a nest BIG ENOUGH to lay her eggs before she starts laying them. Perhaps it's best not to count them in light of jinxing her feeble young, but a good mother (and a GOOD tester) always prepares!! :eek:

i guess the quotemakers had a purpose when this axiom was made...yeah you are right...adequate preparation can help you predict.

Just out of curiosity, the day after the MCAT!!! dun dun dunnnnn..... any changed predictions now? :luck:

indyzx said:
ill play along...

what ill get if i hit what i perceive to be my potential... 13P, 12V, 12B (37, yay!!)
what i will probably get... 12P, 10-11V, 11B (33-34, yay.)
despite the fact that i dont feel that great about the test, i dont believe in falsely setting my expectations low just so i dont feel bad later.

ill stick my nuts out in oncoming traffic and say i got a 12-13P, 11V, 12B

So... are these actually predictions, goals, or hopes? :D

(just a carry-over question from a previous knit-picky MCAT thread. :p )

Mine was a prediction based on the highest of my practice test results. My trend was upward and, for me, the intensity of taking the actual test should tend to improve my performance.

Before I was hoping/predicting: PS12 VR9 BS11

Now, after taking it, I am predicting: PS9 VR9 BS8 :(

Before Prediction:

13P 10V 13B

After Prediction:

13P 8V 13B

Let's hope I got lucky on verbal.

Well, I felt pretty good walking out of the test. I did not feel like there was anything out there that I could not see through or make sense out of. Walking out I felt like I hit the mid 30's.

I went to bed that night thinking that I would score whatever the temperature was when I woke up...as soon as my buzzer went off I looked at my indoor/outdoor thermometer and it said 37.2. During the test day numbers kept combining to make 37. I'm not predicting that, but I think it is possible.

safariwagon said:
Well, I felt pretty good walking out of the test. I did not feel like there was anything out there that I could not see through or make sense out of. Walking out I felt like I hit the mid 30's.

I went to bed that night thinking that I would score whatever the temperature was when I woke up...as soon as my buzzer went off I looked at my indoor/outdoor thermometer and it said 37.2. During the test day numbers kept combining to make 37. I'm not predicting that, but I think it is possible.

That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Here goes:
I maxed out the practice AAMC at 28, with lower scores before that one.
I felt confident that I was making careless, correctable errors.
I took the test on Saturday, and a fair assessment would be:
PS: 7-9, VR: 7 (didn't even finish), BS: 7-9; top end 25, low end 21. Can't wait to do it all over again in August. I think I've got $190 laying around here somewhere...
I'll, unabashedly, let you know where I come in when the results hit in June.

dc

Cerberus said:
I dont really see the point of making predictions.

It's just for fun. Besides, everyone who posts "Gosh, I really did poorly on the MCAT!" is making a prediction, if not a specific numerical one.