• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

MCAT Study Habits

CATSandKILOS

5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2011
  1. Podiatry Student
I agree. I was initially so confused on where to even start, but after lurking in the MCAT thread I feel much more comfortable. I will be using the 3 month study plan that can be found under the reference tab up top.

About the Ads

rushrhees

7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
I viewed it as a part time job, cleared out everything on certain night, and saturday mornings. For me to skip a day it had to be something dam pressing. But towards the latter half I would take a full lenghth practice on saturday, use sunday to chart out what I got wrong and plan out what needed to be studied that week. During the week ususually studied about 2 hours a night.

Zalligan

7+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2012
  1. Podiatry Student
I only spent about an hour a day for 3ishweeks using the EK books and AAMC practice tests. I felt like having classes over just about every subject covered on the MCAT had adequately prepared me for the test and a majority of my studying was just brushing up on test taking techniques and getting a feel for the timing of the test, how much time per question/section, etc.

AwardTour

Jul 11, 2012
AZ
  1. Pre-Podiatry
I spent 5 wks studying (working full time and going to school) using EK and AAMC practice tests. I focused on improving the areas I felt weakest and worked hard to improve them. I spent 4 days working on each subject and took a practice test on the fifth day. Took a day of rest and went over the results the following day and focused on why I got the answer wrong or right. Rinse, and repeat.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.