MCAT Study Habits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What were your MCAT study habits? How many hours did you put in over how many months? What did you use?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I agree. I was initially so confused on where to even start, but after lurking in the MCAT thread I feel much more comfortable. I will be using the 3 month study plan that can be found under the reference tab up top.

Members don't see this ad :)
I viewed it as a part time job, cleared out everything on certain night, and saturday mornings. For me to skip a day it had to be something dam pressing. But towards the latter half I would take a full lenghth practice on saturday, use sunday to chart out what I got wrong and plan out what needed to be studied that week. During the week ususually studied about 2 hours a night.

I only spent about an hour a day for 3ishweeks using the EK books and AAMC practice tests. I felt like having classes over just about every subject covered on the MCAT had adequately prepared me for the test and a majority of my studying was just brushing up on test taking techniques and getting a feel for the timing of the test, how much time per question/section, etc.

I spent 5 wks studying (working full time and going to school) using EK and AAMC practice tests. I focused on improving the areas I felt weakest and worked hard to improve them. I spent 4 days working on each subject and took a practice test on the fifth day. Took a day of rest and went over the results the following day and focused on why I got the answer wrong or right. Rinse, and repeat.