MCAT Testing Limits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneWayTrack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Okay so I have a bit of a predicament. My first MCAT this cycle was voided after I decided I wasn't ready. And as for my second MCAT this cycle, after some careful consideration, I realized I didn't take this year seriously and will study hard and apply next cycle while bumping up my gpa/shadowing hours. Thus, I will void that as well.

My question however is that I am confused with the testing limits that MCAT has. It states that "You may attempt the exam up to three times in a testing year" and then "You may attempt the exam up to four times over two consecutive testing years". Does year equate to cycle? So can I potentially take the MCAT twice next cycle (hopefully not) and that is when my "limit" will be reached? Thank you! Just a bit confused on the wordidng.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Okay so I have a bit of a predicament. My first MCAT this cycle was voided after I decided I wasn't ready. And as for my second MCAT this cycle, after some careful consideration, I realized I didn't take this year seriously and will study hard and apply next cycle while bumping up my gpa/shadowing hours. Thus, I will void that as well.

My question however is that I am confused with the testing limits that MCAT has. It states that "You may attempt the exam up to three times in a testing year" and then "You may attempt the exam up to four times over two consecutive testing years". Does year equate to cycle? So can I potentially take the MCAT twice next cycle (hopefully not) and that is when my "limit" will be reached? Thank you! Just a bit confused on the wordidng.

I think calendar year but I'm guessing. I think the DAT has a 3 time lifetime rule!

When you say voided, do you mean you canceled or that you took the test but voided test day? Your wording makes it sound like you just canceled and didn't take the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you say voided, do you mean you canceled or that you took the test but voided test day? Your wording makes it sound like you just canceled and didn't take the test.
voided both!

I think calendar year but I'm guessing. I think the DAT has a 3 time lifetime rule!
thank you! not sure as well, i'm planning on calling them tomorrow but wanted to ask in the meantime.