MCAT with AP Physics B instead of Physics 2. Already took Physics 1!

Nov 12, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
So basically my school only offers Physics 1 in the fall and Physics 2 in the spring. I plan on taking the MCAT in the fall of 2014 and I have taken general chemistry, biology, and am currently in organic chemistry and physics. I am going to take orgo 2 in the spring, however I'm having trouble fitting in Physics 2 into my schedule because the only available timeslot is during orgo.

Do you think with the knowledge I have from AP Physics B (which covered electricity, magnetism, optics, thermo, fluid dynamics, etc)/ could I review these concepts over the summer well enough to successfully complete these portions on the MCAT or should I attempt to either wait until 2015 to take the new, more difficult exam (which is exactly what I was trying to avoid)

Any input would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2013
221B Baker Street
Status
Medical Student
I suggest taking the MCAT before physics two, pretty much just to avoid the new beast MCAT in 2015... lol

EK does a pretty good job at teaching you the physics for the MCAT anyway. And even if you don't do all that well, you can always retake it.

A7X

Black Card Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
Status
Medical Student
So basically my school only offers Physics 1 in the fall and Physics 2 in the spring. I plan on taking the MCAT in the fall of 2014 and I have taken general chemistry, biology, and am currently in organic chemistry and physics. I am going to take orgo 2 in the spring, however I'm having trouble fitting in Physics 2 into my schedule because the only available timeslot is during orgo.

Do you think with the knowledge I have from AP Physics B (which covered electricity, magnetism, optics, thermo, fluid dynamics, etc)/ could I review these concepts over the summer well enough to successfully complete these portions on the MCAT or should I attempt to either wait until 2015 to take the new, more difficult exam (which is exactly what I was trying to avoid)

Any input would be appreciated, thanks
How did you do in AP Physics B?