MCAT with AP Physics B instead of Physics 2. Already took Physics 1!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grajapra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically my school only offers Physics 1 in the fall and Physics 2 in the spring. I plan on taking the MCAT in the fall of 2014 and I have taken general chemistry, biology, and am currently in organic chemistry and physics. I am going to take orgo 2 in the spring, however I'm having trouble fitting in Physics 2 into my schedule because the only available timeslot is during orgo.

Do you think with the knowledge I have from AP Physics B (which covered electricity, magnetism, optics, thermo, fluid dynamics, etc)/ could I review these concepts over the summer well enough to successfully complete these portions on the MCAT or should I attempt to either wait until 2015 to take the new, more difficult exam (which is exactly what I was trying to avoid)

Any input would be appreciated, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest taking the MCAT before physics two, pretty much just to avoid the new beast MCAT in 2015... lol

EK does a pretty good job at teaching you the physics for the MCAT anyway. And even if you don't do all that well, you can always retake it.

So basically my school only offers Physics 1 in the fall and Physics 2 in the spring. I plan on taking the MCAT in the fall of 2014 and I have taken general chemistry, biology, and am currently in organic chemistry and physics. I am going to take orgo 2 in the spring, however I'm having trouble fitting in Physics 2 into my schedule because the only available timeslot is during orgo.

Do you think with the knowledge I have from AP Physics B (which covered electricity, magnetism, optics, thermo, fluid dynamics, etc)/ could I review these concepts over the summer well enough to successfully complete these portions on the MCAT or should I attempt to either wait until 2015 to take the new, more difficult exam (which is exactly what I was trying to avoid)

Any input would be appreciated, thanks

How did you do in AP Physics B?