mcat with physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jecy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i recently decided to go for med school and just needed physics and the mcat leftover from my undergrad degree. i enrolled in the year long physics course but want to get applications in by early this summer so i want mcat done april or may. i plan to be enrolled in both semester 2 of physics and an mcat review course from jan thru april. is this a bad idea to do both at the same time? i have heard that everything on the mcat physics related is just from the first semester, so it wont be bad to study the mcat before i have taken the 2nd semester. and time wise, is is too much to work, do a study course for mcat and physics 2? id appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

hi
i recently decided to go for med school and just needed physics and the mcat leftover from my undergrad degree. i enrolled in the year long physics course but want to get applications in by early this summer so i want mcat done april or may. i plan to be enrolled in both semester 2 of physics and an mcat review course from jan thru april. is this a bad idea to do both at the same time?

No. Physics 2 by itself won't be that difficult. I have several friends who took 16 credits (including Physics 2 and Organic 2) AND an MCAT review class, then took the MCAT in April or May, and they did fine.

i have heard that everything on the mcat physics related is just from the first semester, so it wont be bad to study the mcat before i have taken the 2nd semester.

Wrong. There's a lot of stuff in Physics 2 that's tested on the MCAT. Unless you learned about electric currents and circuits, magnetism, nuclear phenomena, etc. in Physics 1, then you're going to need Physics 2. Take a look at this PDf put out by AAMC and become familiar with the topics you're expected to know for the MCAT. Make sure you understand these as you are taking your Physics class so that you don't have to spend as much time re-learning this material.
and time wise, is is too much to work, do a study course for mcat and physics 2? id appreciate any feedback!

As long as you have a good study schedule and stick to it, it shouldn't be all that difficult. :luck: Good luck! :thumbup: