MCAT without physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clippersfan88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I'm a non trad undergraduate Bio minor who's finishing up their pre reqs while working/volunteering in a clinical setting. I'd really like to take the MCAT this summer because I've been studying for a few months, and have taken all the gen chem, o chem, and bio chem pre reqs this year (currently in o chem 2 and bio chem). I'd like to take the test with these subjects still fresh in my mind.

Unfortunately, I havent taken any physics yet. A ton of schools around me offer physics 1 and 2 in 6 week summer sessions this upcoming summer. Physics 1 is basically May 10-June 10.

I'm debating whether I should try to cram in this summer class before taking the test on June 16th, or if I would just be better off teaching myself all the physics material through study materials. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey SDN,

I'm a non trad undergraduate Bio minor who's finishing up their pre reqs while working/volunteering in a clinical setting. I'd really like to take the MCAT this summer because I've been studying for a few months, and have taken all the gen chem, o chem, and bio chem pre reqs this year (currently in o chem 2 and bio chem). I'd like to take the test with these subjects still fresh in my mind.

Unfortunately, I havent taken any physics yet. A ton of schools around me offer physics 1 and 2 in 6 week summer sessions this upcoming summer. Physics 1 is basically May 10-June 10.

I'm debating whether I should try to cram in this summer class before taking the test on June 16th, or if I would just be better off teaching myself all the physics material through study materials. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

Take the class. Physics (IMO) is REALLY hard. A first semester class will teach you almost everything you need to know for the MCAT except maybe optics or something.

If you're REALLY good at math, then go ahead and try on your own. You could always spend a few weeks now trying to teach yourself the material and see how it goes? You can buy an EK book on Amazon for like $30.

Reactions: 1 user