MCAT Writing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoodProgression

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. This is kind of a style question but for the writing section, how do you reference the statement? I find myself referring directly with "Regarding the statement "x"...." Is that preferred over something like "The statement tell us...." without actually writing what the statement actually is. What is the best in the eyes of the grader? Does it matter? Do you assume they know what the statement is when writing? Do you feel me? Thanks.
 
Hi all. This is kind of a style question but for the writing section, how do you reference the statement? I find myself referring directly with "Regarding the statement "x"...." Is that preferred over something like "The statement tell us...." without actually writing what the statement actually is. What is the best in the eyes of the grader? Does it matter? Do you assume they know what the statement is when writing? Do you feel me? Thanks.

You definitely need to RESTATE the prompt. They don't assume to know it. I usually restate the prompt pretty much explicitly, then describe what I think it means, then give the example. (I got a S on writing so I think I have a decent grasp on it.)

Do you know the thesis/antithesis/synthesis method?