Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calibaby1212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im planning on applying August 1st for the following year and I was just wondering if it would be too late to take the MCAT August 4th?

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply first without your MCAT (and even interview without it). Just update the score to the schools when it arrives.

ok cool i just wanted to make sure, im scheduled for june 21st but i dont think ill be ready and if it wasnt gonna be a problem then i was gonna move it to august, i just didnt want it to hurt me.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok cool i just wanted to make sure, im scheduled for june 21st but i dont think ill be ready and if it wasnt gonna be a problem then i was gonna move it to august, i just didnt want it to hurt me.

I mean... you've got three weeks... You're shooting for a mid twenties here... you've got the time!

So u think i should just take it then? Will it hurt to take it in august?

When was the last time you made a decision on your own?

Actually just this morning, i decided on blueberry pancakes instead of chocolate chip, any other questions?

Bad call. Chocolate chip everytime!! I hope you used syrup.

Nobody can tell you exactly when best to take it because we don't know where you are in your preparation or what your practice test scores are. I already posted that not having a score ready the moment you apply will not hurt you (unless your gpa is truly awful).

Last edited:
Yeah, August 4th is NOT too late to take it. I'm just saying, why not get it over with? There's no need to push it back when you really don't need a stellar score, and if you start studying now for the June 21st date, you'll probably be fine.

After say 5-6 weeks of really studying for the MCAT, I think most normal ppl would just want to take it and get it over with. Verbal = death of me.

lol not me, I got an 11 on verbal, without that, I might not have made the grade, my physical sciences were subpar

Members don't see this ad :)
The better MCAT score you get, the more you will get offered in scholarships, so it does matter in terms of potential $$. Aug 4th is definitely not too late. You can choose to apply before your scores are in, but you may get invites from some and not others until scores are in. Problem with that is that once you are accepted, you will have 30 days to put your deposit in (most schools will extend this a little if you ask) and may not have even been offered interviews at other schools. So, you may choose to secure a seat for $1000 and then lose that if you decide on another school after interviewing. Just something to think about. I would personally take it Aug 4th and submit your entire app first week of Sept when you have your scores. That is still really early in the game.

Good Luck!

I was getting ready to apply in august this year,but I’ve being going crazy this week and I decided to apply now. My stats are cGPA3.41, s GPA 3.35, 23 MCAT. I’m shadowing several podiatrists (one of them wasthe PD of a residency 2 yrs ago, the rest are residents). I want to retake theMCAT in august to increase my chances of getting scholarships.

Do I still have time to apply/get accepted? Considerthat I want to get as many scholarships as possible.

Thanks.

I was getting ready to apply in august this year,but I've being going crazy this week and I decided to apply now. My stats are cGPA3.41, s GPA 3.35, 23 MCAT. I'm shadowing several podiatrists (one of them wasthe PD of a residency 2 yrs ago, the rest are residents). I want to retake theMCAT in august to increase my chances of getting scholarships.

Do I still have time to apply/get accepted? Considerthat I want to get as many scholarships as possible.

Thanks.

You applied... Today...

No, not with a 23 MCAT, I would say you will get no scholarships and not get accepted anywhere....

AACPMAS might take longer to process your app than the app cycle is open. I hope you didn't waste your money on applying.....

I was getting ready to apply in august this year,but I've being going crazy this week and I decided to apply now. My stats are cGPA3.41, s GPA 3.35, 23 MCAT. I'm shadowing several podiatrists (one of them wasthe PD of a residency 2 yrs ago, the rest are residents). I want to retake theMCAT in august to increase my chances of getting scholarships.

Thanks.

Sorry to double post, but you are planning on taking the MCAT in August, yet you're applying today...... Your August MCAT's scores won't be released until after school starts in the fall. This won't help you at all...

Sorry for being harsh, but I really don't think you thought this through......

Thank you, I called the adms. Dep.
No hopes for me this year.
I'll keep my original plan and apply for next year.
Thanks again.

I was reading somewhere in SDN that too early
In the cycle not all the scholarships are available.
Is it true?
If yes, when should I apply?
I'm only applying to Barry ( my wife goes to NSU).
Should I wait for the august MCAT results?
Thanks.

If you're only applying to Barry it is in your best interest to seek admission, not scholarships (regardless of whether or not scholarships are withheld until later). In which case, I would apply ASAP in August.