MCCEE, USMLE or PLAB !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :cool:
This is my first time here, seems like a nice place :)
I am a recently graduated Iraqi doctor
I have just passed the IELTS exam (Language exam) with good results and now I am getting ready to start my residency program and studying for one of the evaluation exams so that I can study abroad :rolleyes:
the problem is that I don't know where to go ! :(
I have been to Canada once as a summer student and I liked it there a lot, so I was hoping to complete my graduate studies there and, possibly, settle .
but I don't know what to do and what to choose, should I go for the MCCEE or the USMLE ?! or should I prepare for both ?!
and the other thing is that my dad who is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England is encouraging me to go to the UK, which means studying for the PLAB !!
I feel lost, what should I do!?
which is the right place to go, specially if I want to be a surgeon ?!?
I would really appreciate it if you help me with your advices
:)

Members don't see this ad.

i think you should post this in the allopathic forum. you will get more responses.

sequences said:
i think you should post this in the allopathic forum. you will get more responses.

thank you so much
I'll see what i can do about it
:)

I disagree with the first responder.

Since the OP's request is dealing with residency training, especially for one who is considering Canada vs the US vs UK, the Allopathic Forum (which relates to medical school, not residency and certainly not an international residency) is not appropriate at all. I have moved one thread to the General Discussions for IMGs Forum and will close this and all other duplicate threads since they violate the SDN TOS of not posting the same thread in multiple forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.