McGraw-Hill's 2008 PCAT - good for Organic + Inorganic? (for learning)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackal head

Registered Sex Offender
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've taken a chemistry class and I wanted to refresh everything.

so far this seems to be the best organic review, it goes into plenty of detail and it doesn't look like there is anything past Organic I which is what I would expect from the PCAT

has anyone used it to study gen chem and/or organic for the PCAT? It's from 2008 but I don't think that would matter

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a while since I've taken a chemistry class and I wanted to refresh everything.

so far this seems to be the best organic review, it goes into plenty of detail and it doesn't look like there is anything past Organic I which is what I would expect from the PCAT

has anyone used it to study gen chem and/or organic for the PCAT? It's from 2008 but I don't think that would matter

I took a look at it. I would not recommend it. Stick with Dr Collins guide.

Can someone post a single page from Dr Collin's Organic Chemistry section (or from the OChem questions section)? I'd like to see what kind of information I need to study for. I've been studying from McGraw-Hill's PCAT guide but there is a lot of information in there while Kaplan's is a bit lacking.

Can anyone give me an opinion of the following practice tests and tell me whether or not they represent the difficulty level of the real PCATs?
Pearson's Practice PCATs
Mc-Graw Hill Practice PCATs
CliffNotes Practice PCATs
KAPLAN Practice PCATs

The reason I ask is that from looking over several AP Biology/Chemistry and MCAT study guides, I've noticed a lot of recycled material. It seemed like some of these companies didn't really look into what the PCATs will test us on and decided to save some time by copy+pasting information as well as practice questions.

Last edited: