MCPHS Boston Accreditation Probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FarmD711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hearing MCPHS Boston accreditation is on probation. Several issues with class size, faculty size, study space.

Hopefully this is the start of some reigning in of this crazy school growth.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hearing MCPHS Boston accreditation is on probation. Several issues with class size, faculty size, study space.

Hopefully this is the start of some reigning in of this crazy school growth.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Finally ACPE is doing their job.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am curious about how bad it must be in Boston for them to be on probation but the Worcester campus is not. Worcester campus has abysmal retention and unhappy students. Higher standards in admissions perhaps could avoid that but MCP isn't going to do that.

Also MCPHS gets a bad rep all the time, but I've heard that other schools do group tests and allow remediation on failed tests. Where's the outrage about those schools? I understand nobody has as many students as MCPHS but as least they're weeding out some of the students that won't be good pharmacists.

MCPHS "University" should not admit ~20-30% of a given class in the first place. On the other hand my tuition probably would not have been as low (for a private program) if there weren't so many students.

These students who get weeded out get stuck with a terminal bachelor's they could have gotten anywhere else or leave the school altogether. Not a few of these students are pushed to do a 0-6 program because their parents know they would never be admitted to a conventional PharmD program yet can't even handle pharmacy pre-reqs that are basically at the level of difficulty you might encounter at a good CC in California

This use to be the last resort if you were really desperate to get a pharm.D.

Reactions: 1 user
dont they have like 400 students and 70% naplex pass rate? about time...