MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'll be seeing u in the fall! :D if u dun graduate too fast, haha jk ;)
does anybody know if theres a facebook group for the new class of 2014? If not, maybe we should create one :D:laugh:

The woman I spoke to after my interview (Jessica, I believe) said there's a facebook group that they invite us to once we get accepted and pay the deposit. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i'll be seeing u in the fall! :D if u dun graduate too fast, haha jk ;)
does anybody know if theres a facebook group for the new class of 2014? If not, maybe we should create one :D:laugh:
yeah there is a facebook group for the 2014 class. Av already met some of out mates on there! u will be invited to join once u pay ur deposit and become officially a student at mcphs worcester....

So... how much snow did Worcester get? Just wondering for a comparison to NY.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whew, ok its comparable.. I can deal with it :thumbup:

Hi guys,
Does anyone have an idea of what kind of questions asked in the interview. I am scheduled for Jan 22nd.

i was asked the basics. why pharmacy. why MCPHS, why do i want to attend an accelerated program.. it's really relaxing interview.i practiced the questions in the mirror 2 days b4.. ps. do not memorize ur answers... good luck! hope to see u guys in the fall:D

Hello everyone.

I just found this thread. I got accepted in early December and looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone from Michigan??

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb/repeated question but what factors do you need to get an interview. I like the 3 year program at Worcester and I mentioned in my essay about how I have visited the campus before. Im getting nervous that they havent responded to me back yet even tho I submitted my PharmCAS on Nov. 1 and my supplemental on December 1. I know they are on winter break, but what are my chances if I have 3.65 PharmCAS GPA with Organic Chemistry I, Calculus I and Physics I completed in fall 2010 (are they waiting for fall grades?) Any feedback is appreciated

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb/repeated question but what factors do you need to get an interview. I like the 3 year program at Worcester and I mentioned in my essay about how I have visited the campus before. Im getting nervous that they havent responded to me back yet even tho I submitted my PharmCAS on Nov. 1 and my supplemental on December 1. I know they are on winter break, but what are my chances if I have 3.65 PharmCAS GPA with Organic Chemistry I, Calculus I and Physics I completed in fall 2010 (are they waiting for fall grades?) Any feedback is appreciated

you have a competitive gpa. hows your other info. like ur community service. letter of recommedations. any pharm tech work experience etc. they are on winter break till the 4th of january. but if i were you i would call the admissions office and ask about the status of my app..and there probaly just waiting for your fall grades... hope this help.:)

PharmD1988,

I think they will take the courses that they want. You will get a spread sheet with the classes and grades that they took in consideration when they looked at your profile. However I think you should be ok with this pharmcas Gpa. I got in with a 3.8 pre-pharm, 3.7 math and science gpa, and a 3.4 overall. Good luck..

Thanks for the responses,

I'm still in the process of finishing up my bachelor degree and wont be done till June, anybody know if u guys got admitted without one?

Also I heard if you have your fall grades can you send the official transcripts to them instead of waiting for pharmcas to update.

I took the majority of my courses at a CC, do they look down upon that?

Members don't see this ad :)
MCPHS gives priority consideration to those applicants who complete their courses at 4-year colleges...Has anyone here been accepted with majority of their pre-reqs taken at CC?

Thanks for the responses,

I'm still in the process of finishing up my bachelor degree and wont be done till June, anybody know if u guys got admitted without one?

Also I heard if you have your fall grades can you send the official transcripts to them instead of waiting for pharmcas to update.

I took the majority of my courses at a CC, do they look down upon that?

MCPHS gives priority consideration to those applicants who complete their courses at 4-year colleges...Has anyone here been accepted with majority of their pre-reqs taken at CC?

i got accepted and most and a majority of my classes came from 3 different community colleges...

Congrats! That's good to know...did you have a B.S. degree?

Nope no degree. dont plan on getting one either... but i did have a 3.8-3.9 at all three colleges...

for those accepted what housing options are you guys getting?

Nope no degree. dont plan on getting one either... but i did have a 3.8-3.9 at all three colleges...

wow nice stats. u mind sharing any other stats (work experience, LORs, etc.). also you know we are allowed to send them the transcripts to them for fall grades for quicker processing review. this wait is killing me

wow nice stats. u mind sharing any other stats (work experience, LORs, etc.). also you know we are allowed to send them the transcripts to them for fall grades for quicker processing review. this wait is killing me

i have 3 year work experience as a pharm tech. some community service. school activities.i sent them my fall grades by getting official transcripts becuase pharmcas takes FOREVER to update the info and i just could not deal with the wait and suspense... so call the admissions office and tell them ur sending ur official transcript... at least this way so they can get an idea b4 pharmcas gets around to updating the info

Hi i'm also scheduled for the 22nd pls do u know any info on the closest airport,transportation ....Does any know pls?

Happy New Year pls I have my interview scheduled for Jan 22nd pls what would you say is the closest and affordable hotel to stay

anybody how many applications there are from last yr and how many ppl get interviewed. im starting to get nervous that i wont get an interview.

Happy New Year pls I have my interview scheduled for Jan 22nd pls what would you say is the closest and affordable hotel to stay

Courtyard by Marriott (0.08 mile from campus)
72 Grove Street Worcester
Special rate for MCPHS employees, current and prospective students and families
i stayed here and walked to my interview.. it only took me 10-15 mins to walk... the cab fair was only 7 bucks back.. i flew in at the logan airport in boston.. and took the knights bus service to my hotel its 51 bucks.. but i was told that taking 2 public transporataion like the bus or train is cheaper.... good luck!

anybody how many applications there are from last yr and how many ppl get interviewed. im starting to get nervous that i wont get an interview.

Dont worry and have patience. I am in the same situation.......If some1 answer us about seats remaining this year and how many got accepted this year will be appreciated.......

Hi everyone.....anyone knows about the essay subjects??

Last edited:
Hi i'm also scheduled for the 22nd pls do u know any info on the closest airport,transportation ....Does any know pls?

That would be Hampton Inn Worcester, it's about a 10min walk or less away. It should be like $70-80 per night for the King Suite, which is truly very big and nice, even comes with a tv with cable and sofa chair! its truly a suite! plus the buffet breakfast is awesome! :)

Anyone submitted fall grades n got interview invitation for JAN or FEB???????

Does anyone know how long it takes them to contact you for an interview after you submit the application?

Does anyone know how long it takes them to contact you for an interview after you submit the application?

I got mine 10 days after pharmcas sent my application to MCPH...

That would be Hampton Inn Worcester, it's about a 10min walk or less away. It should be like $70-80 per night for the King Suite, which is truly very big and nice, even comes with a tv with cable and sofa chair! its truly a suite! plus the buffet breakfast is awesome! :)

Can you please let us know regarding interview mail........We will get interview dates in that mail or once we call at mcphs then they ll let us knw.........

I got mine 10 days after pharmcas sent my application to MCPH...

Wow that's super fast. I called and found out that my application is ready to be reviewed but it was delayed because of the holidays and people being out. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Wow that's super fast. I called and found out that my application is ready to be reviewed but it was delayed because of the holidays and people being out. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

good luck!!

Can you please let us know regarding interview mail........We will get interview dates in that mail or once we call at mcphs then they ll let us knw.........

when u get the interview mail, you will call and set up the dates...

Does anyone know if you have to arrive 30 minutes before scheduled interview time for the writing portion?

Does anyone know if you have to arrive 30 minutes before scheduled interview time for the writing portion?

yes you have to! it says so in your interview invitation letter.....the earlier the better:)

Any1 submitted fall grades and got interview call for JAN?

Just called to find out about a few pre-req courses and was told my application has been reviewed and will be sent to the committee. It will take a week or so for me to hear about whether I will get an interview or not.
I am soo not nervous, anxious and excited about this at all! lol :D Wish me luck everyone!

Just called to find out about a few pre-req courses and was told my application has been reviewed and will be sent to the committee. It will take a week or so for me to hear about whether I will get an interview or not.
I am soo not nervous, anxious and excited about this at all! lol :D Wish me luck everyone!

They are very quick with all their correspondences, I am sure you will hear back soon and hopefully its good news. Good luck!

Yes. VEry true. MCPHS admission's office respond very quickly:).....Thats the best part of the application procedure......As an applicant, I totally understand that how we r killing each day like an year and all the universities we applied n paid n still they r not bother to reply.........Good luck to all:)

They are very quick with all their correspondences, I am sure you will hear back soon and hopefully its good news. Good luck!

Good luck!

all the very best!

good luck !!

I just submitted my application for Worcester. I was wondering, pharmacy experience a big thing to get into this school?...I have a 3.4 undergraduate G.P.A. and B.S. in Biology. I worked in a doctor's office for almost 3 years and let me tell ya, I've had experiences with pharmacists.