MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just submitted my application for Worcester. I was wondering, pharmacy experience a big thing to get into this school?...I have a 3.4 undergraduate G.P.A. and B.S. in Biology. I worked in a doctor's office for almost 3 years and let me tell ya, I've had experiences with pharmacists.
"Experiences with pharmacists." what kind of experiences? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Nope no degree. dont plan on getting one either... but i did have a 3.8-3.9 at all three colleges...

for those accepted what housing options are you guys getting?

I am still deciding what to do about housing. I am about to get married and live in Charlotte, NC so I would prefer to not have to buy something that I need to furnish. The hotel was nice, but gets expensive with the meal plan that you have to purchase. I may be looking for a roomate if the hotel thing falls through. Have you decided on anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still deciding what to do about housing. I am about to get married and live in Charlotte, NC so I would prefer to not have to buy something that I need to furnish. The hotel was nice, but gets expensive with the meal plan that you have to purchase. I may be looking for a roomate if the hotel thing falls through. Have you decided on anything?

i think im going to go with the dorms.... im not in love with the hotel housing since it lacks a kitchen which could mean higher feeding expenses... im going to try out the dorms for my first few semesters until i search for cheaper housing around the school...is the hotel prices cheaper than the dorm prices?

i think im going to go with the dorms.... im not in love with the hotel housing since it lacks a kitchen which could mean higher feeding expenses... im going to try out the dorms for my first few semesters until i search for cheaper housing around the school...is the hotel prices cheaper than the dorm prices?

Price of single bed hotel = Price of suite with the most amount of people

got the fall grade request a couple of days ago. do most applicants get this? or only the ones that they are considering for interview? i did alright in my fall grades so I dont know if this will make or break this my interview invite.

Thanks for raising the question......I m in the same situation......

got the fall grade request a couple of days ago. do most applicants get this? or only the ones that they are considering for interview? i did alright in my fall grades so I dont know if this will make or break this my interview invite.

I tried to contact the housing director to get some accurate price quotes but she never responded. I might try again tomorrow. I will let you know.

HI guys i just found i have been waitlisted for MCPHS!! :( I am really sad and I cant think straight anymore. I had high hopes!!! :bang: I am so nervous! I dont know what to do? Did anyone else get waitlisted? please share if anyone heard anything or why you are waitlisted.

They give you the prices of the dorms and hotels at the interview and tour. Atleast they did for me..

Any1 is going for MCPHS interview at worchester on Jan/feb??????

Members don't see this ad :)
When are you interviewing Skrishna?

I m on hold n waiting for the invitation....n this waiting time is killing me.....so figuring it out the interview dates, seats n my chances to get an invitation......

I m on hold n waiting for the invitation....n this waiting time is killing me.....so figuring it out the interview dates, seats n my chances to get an invitation......

Just be patience I guess...they put on your application on hold due to fall grades? If not, one could always call the admissions office to determine if anything wrong with their application. when did u submit? good luck! :luck:

On oct.....n I submitted my fall grades n they got my transcript of fall grades last week but still have not heard frm them.....

Just be patience I guess...they put on your application on hold due to fall grades? If not, one could always call the admissions office to determine if anything wrong with their application. when did u submit? good luck! :luck:

It may be because I am anxiously waiting but I just called to find out that the "decision" mail was mailed out and when asked if I can find out what the decision was I was told they don't give it out over the phone, which is understandable.
BUT... when I called last week they said that it was still being reviewed by the admissions committee which is kind of odd because today I was told that the "decision" mail was mailed out on 1/10, the day I called to ask about my status the first time.

Not sure what to take away from this but I guess I'll find out SOON! ahh :mad:

r u waiting for interview call or acceptance letter?????

It may be because I am anxiously waiting but I just called to find out that the "decision" mail was mailed out and when asked if I can find out what the decision was I was told they don't give it out over the phone, which is understandable.
BUT... when I called last week they said that it was still being reviewed by the admissions committee which is kind of odd because today I was told that the "decision" mail was mailed out on 1/10, the day I called to ask about my status the first time.

Hey, you should call admission office asap to find out your status that is the best way and ask them about your interview...

Yeah, I emailed my admission contact and she let me know that they recieved my grades and they would be sending out a letter. Cant hurt to ask.

i know exactly how you feel right now.. i checked my mailbox every single day waiting for a response... but they told me your usually hear back from them bewteen 2-4 weeks.. but my letter came a week after i interviewed.. i would say give them a litttle bit more time and maybe try contacting the person you interviewed with.. do not ask them directly if u got in or not.. just ask about the status of your application and when ur going to get a response from them... just hang in there..i know it's torture...good luck!:)

hey guys, this is my first post here. I was interviewed on the 18th and got accepted on the today. so relieved

hey guys, this is my first post here. I was interviewed on the 18th and got accepted on the today. so relieved

congrats...are you attending? or, have another choice?

i'm 99% sure I'm going to attend because it's a 3 year program. The only thing that I don't like about Worcester is the weather. I heard some bad things about the program but I don't know if it's true or not.

I meant like the program itself. Some students were saying that about 70-80% survived the program and the others had to wait another year to re-take a class or so.

Hi everyone,
Can someone let me know if the school interview all their applicants? Do they call for an interview or do they send a letter or an email? I called them, and they said my application is in process and I should know by sometime next week. However, two out of four of my LORs are not in yet...I don't know how they will make their decision without it?

Hi everyone,
Can someone let me know if the school interview all their applicants? Do they call for an interview or do they send a letter or an email? I called them, and they said my application is in process and I should know by sometime next week. However, two out of four of my LORs are not in yet...I don't know how they will make their decision without it?

They cant possibly grant interviews for all applicants. Your probably talking about 1000+ submitted applications I'm assuming, of course. And, they pick the most competitive ones for interviews. Based on PharmCAS school info, MCPHS only request two LORs, so whichever ones come in first will be read. Good luck and keep us posted! :luck:

I meant like the program itself. Some students were saying that about 70-80% survived the program and the others had to wait another year to re-take a class or so.

Gotcha, well you gotta also consider their standards for acceptance. No PCAT = no standardized way to compare applicants. So, the person with the lower end GPA whose grades were totally inflated will be more likely to be a part of that 30%. Atleast, thats my theory behind that lol

Congratulation to everyone that got accpeted. I was wondering if anyone has been looking around for off campus housing that has good reviews and quite for us to study without distractions around us??

i'm 99% sure I'm going to attend because it's a 3 year program. The only thing that I don't like about Worcester is the weather. I heard some bad things about the program but I don't know if it's true or not.
The program seems a bit tougher than usual due to the courseload. We should bear in mind that this is an accelerated graduate level program. Wish everybody all the best!

The program seems a bit tougher than usual due to the courseload. We should bear in mind that this is an accelerated graduate level program. Wish everybody all the best!

i compared the course load to other pharmacy school programs.. they all have about the same 16-18credit hr course load each semester.. the only difference is the course load during the summer... other schools have no school during the summer.. but we do! anything worth having requires hard work.. so as long as we stay focused and work hard.. anything is possible!:)

I'm planning to stay an Bancroft cause it's cheaper. I'm not sure if it's gonna be quiet there. I believe the walk to school is gonna be around 5-10 min.

I'm on hold as well pending the receipt of my Fall grade that will be mailed out later this week.

Curiosity check - how well does their program really prepare you for the profession...considering the fact that it is an accelerated program? Or do they just care about simply giving you the PharmD degree & helping you passing your NAPLEX?

Any ideas by any chance?

By the way, nice to see you on SDN, Amarachi. I was in the Orgo II class with you this past Fall @ KK. And congrats to your acceptance.

Last edited:
i know exactly how you feel right now.. i checked my mailbox every single day waiting for a response... but they told me your usually hear back from them bewteen 2-4 weeks.. but my letter came a week after i interviewed.. i would say give them a litttle bit more time and maybe try contacting the person you interviewed with.. do not ask them directly if u got in or not.. just ask about the status of your application and when ur going to get a response from them... just hang in there..i know it's torture...good luck!:)

You may have misunderstood or I may not have explained right haha... :D I haven't actually interviewed yet. Interview letter (or rejection letter) is what I am waiting for. When I called to ask, they called it the "decision letter" for some reason.

btw, still haven't received it! I was told there were two big snow storms in Mass area two weeks ago which could've delayed all mail. Still anxiously waiting... it truly is eating me alive people! :scared:

I was curious if anyone talked to any students during their interview and got any input? There was a snowstorm on the day I interviewed and the school closed early.