MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview coming up in early december, what is the closest airport to the school in worcester? any recommendations for hotels? are there shuttles from the airport to/from the hotel and to/from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview coming up in early december, what is the closest airport to the school in worcester? any recommendations for hotels? are there shuttles from the airport to/from the hotel and to/from the school?

i just interview yesterday and i stayed at the courtyard marriott in worcester
it was like a 10-15 minute walk to the admissions but i believe if you ask the hotel they can provide a shuttle
i flew in to boston logan and took the knights limo service for 50 each way (taxi is about 100) and it wasnt too bad

Or you can do the commuter rail for about 7 bucks...depending on how prices have changed in the past 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or you can do the commuter rail for about 7 bucks...depending on how prices have changed in the past 4 years.

commuter rail? do you mean amtrak? does it go from the airport to worcester? :confused:

would you guys say its safe to walk from union station to the school (on google maps its about ~10 mins)

I would say its perfectly fine, but I haven't lived there for almost 5 years. Couldn't have changed that much though.

Will they call us or mail or email us for interview????

anyone have any housing info avail?

I am from the west coast, and obviously dont want to travel just to find apartments/etc..I would like any housing/apartment info if u have any..thanks

When is the next interview date???????

Anyone gets an interview call??????:confused:

edittttttttttt nvm

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i dont know to much about this school since im from south carolina, but i applied to mcp worchester in begining of oct and i got a letter at the end for hold of grades. i just finished the last 4 classes i had to complete and i havn't heard of anything yet, anyone else get that letter as well and if so do you know if they will wait until pharmcas opens up the academic period on the 15 or will they go about a decision with the grades sent from the school i am at?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i dont know to much about this school since im from south carolina, but i applied to mcp worchester in begining of oct and i got a letter at the end for hold of grades. i just finished the last 4 classes i had to complete and i havn't heard of anything yet, anyone else get that letter as well and if so do you know if they will wait until pharmcas opens up the academic period on the 15 or will they go about a decision with the grades sent from the school i am at?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm basically in the same position as you. I got the letter for being on hold for fall grades. I was able to take my classes online so I started before fall and finished early, they got my grades friday nov 19 and I have still not heard anything. I emailed jessica in admissions, so i'll let you know what she says. I received very good grades for the fall classes so i'm assuming they wait until the academic update window opens.

I'm basically in the same position as you. I got the letter for being on hold for fall grades. I was able to take my classes online so I started before fall and finished early, they got my grades friday nov 19 and I have still not heard anything. I emailed jessica in admissions, so i'll let you know what she says. I received very good grades for the fall classes so i'm assuming they wait until the academic update window opens.

thanks man, clemson just finished classes this week finals begin on monday and grades are due the by the 13th, i hate to be worrying during finals about waiting for a response from mcp, i just want to know where ill be in the fall. :confused: i just wanna get an interview traveling from south caroline and all i wanna book a flight and i heard New England weather can be pretty hit or miss in the winter, and I dont want to be stuck there...

hey, do not wait on pharmcas to send your grades..it might take long time for pharmcas to send your grades to all your schools since they have to evaluate yur grades..what i can suggest is after getting your final grades, send your official transcript as soon as possible to MCPHS.

dont wait on pharmcas and send an official transcript before pharmcas does..i hope this helps you !!

I am worried bez my school for fall 2010 ends on 20th DEC and afterwards it take 1 more week for my professors to upload my grades........In this case how I fill my grades in Pharmcas........When academic window for Pharmcas will open?????? Plz help me out.........Any suggestions???????:confused:

I am worried bez my school for fall 2010 ends on 20th DEC and afterwards it take 1 more week for my professors to upload my grades........In this case how I fill my grades in Pharmcas........When academic window for Pharmcas will open?????? Plz help me out.........Any suggestions???????:confused:

You just double post...chk your other post for answer.

how soon after you send in fall grades will they get back to you with an interview invite? anyone know or had the same experience? should i email someone there to make sure they received my grades. any advice?:confused:

how soon after you send in fall grades will they get back to you with an interview invite? anyone know or had the same experience? should i email someone there to make sure they received my grades. any advice?:confused:

I just got an interview invite in the mail today after sending my fall grades in two weeks ago today. Hope this helps.

someone was telling me that this class that they are accepting currently wont start classes until the fall of 2012 is that true or do we start in fall of 2011

someone was telling me that this class that they are accepting currently wont start classes until the fall of 2012 is that true or do we start in fall of 2011

Haha, who said this? They are pulling your leg. If you apply for a Fall 2011 start (which you are if you have applied) then you start Fall 2011.

Haha, who said this? They are pulling your leg. If you apply for a Fall 2011 start (which you are if you have applied) then you start Fall 2011.

thanks that was helpful! just got my interview invite in the mail gotta book my interview soon, hopefully i can book it before New England's weather gets crazy! :D

Called and scheduled my interview for Dec 16. Doesn't sound too bad, just a writing sample, tour and 1 on 1 interview. Looking forward to it.

Called and scheduled my interview for Dec 16. Doesn't sound too bad, just a writing sample, tour and 1 on 1 interview. Looking forward to it.

congrats dude, i gotta sched mine soon, gotta figure that out next week, prob wont be able to go until january maybe even feb if they are booked, but good luck and let us know how it goes:thumbup:

i thought it would be bigger; it's literally 3 buildings
wished i applied to the boston campus :(

How many days Pharmcas will take to review our fall grades after receiving our fall transcript????????

Oh so i got an invitation to join MCPHS class of 2014 on facebook today form Brian! its a chance to meet some of u guys early...

Oh so i got an invitation to join MCPHS class of 2014 on facebook today form Brian! its a chance to meet some of u guys early...

Cool! Hope to be joining that group soon, lol. How long after you interviewed did it take to get a decision?

I have in interview scheduled for January 19th. I was wondering where the feedback section is on the forum is since I can't seem to find it.

To me, it was 2 weeks (probably due to thanksgiving holiday), then they give me 30 days to send in deposits. I might decline the admission invitation.

i got accepted this week
probably will not attend though. the school is wayyy too small for me.
although, the 3 year program is very alluring.
good luck to all that have interviews coming up!!
it is a very relaxed atmosphere, not intimidating whatsoever!!

I submitted my Pharmcas application and supplement application......but they did not reply anything i m too much worried.......Anybody got an interview call for MCPHS worchester campus??

called MCP to sched an interview and they could only fit me in for 2nd week in feb.... i heard the class size is usually full by the end of Jan thats what a friend who goes there has told me, most of the class size is full by end of jan beginning of feb so i withdrew my candidacy w MCP its not worth my time to fly up for something where I may no be accepted due to scheduling issues......good luck to all who have interviews and who applied..

how reliable is your friend? I still would take my chances, you never know...but I understand if MCP is not your #1 choice

Please share interview questions/tips/experience at mcphs

called MCP to sched an interview and they could only fit me in for 2nd week in feb.... i heard the class size is usually full by the end of Jan thats what a friend who goes there has told me, most of the class size is full by end of jan beginning of feb so i withdrew my candidacy w MCP its not worth my time to fly up for something where I may no be accepted due to scheduling issues......good luck to all who have interviews and who applied..

I'm not sure about this year, but last year they were still interviewing for quite a while. I had my interview scheduled in the beginning of March and they still had plenty of spots open. I'm a current P1 so just shoot me a PM if anyone has a question about the program/whatever. GL

I'm not sure about this year, but last year they were still interviewing for quite a while. I had my interview scheduled in the beginning of March and they still had plenty of spots open. I'm a current P1 so just shoot me a PM if anyone has a question about the program/whatever. GL

I got accepted to the program. please can you give me your advice in a PM. I didn't hear good about program and I read so many bad reviews. I appreciate if you share your experiences. thank you