MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone,
when submitting the supplemental application online, is there a way to preview the entire application form before sending it to the school? I want to take a final look at all my answers before I hit the send button. Also, for applicants who hold a current BA/BS degree, can someone please confirm that only information for the science and math coursework is required to be completed right? Please advise. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,
when submitting the supplemental application online, is there a way to preview the entire application form before sending it to the school? I want to take a final look at all my answers before I hit the send button. Also, for applicants who hold a current BA/BS degree, can someone please confirm that only information for the science and math coursework is required to be completed right? Please advise. Thanks!

no, i am not aware that there is a view all button. so i click save on every single page.

for your second question. Yes, if you have a BS or BA degree, you only need math/science coursework. Since having a BS or BA degree mean you would take most if not all from those liberal arts requirements anyways due to GE courses requirement for graudation.

no, i am not aware that there is a view all button. so i click save on every single page.

for your second question. Yes, if you have a BS or BA degree, you only need math/science coursework. Since having a BS or BA degree mean you would take most if not all from those liberal arts requirements anyways due to GE courses requirement for graudation.

Thank you for your fast and helpful response! I really appreciate it! If I have additional questions, is it ok if I pm you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall,
I got a interview call from MCPHS. My interview is on March 24, 2012. I had 2 interviews already, i am not worried about the interview portion, but i am worried about the essay portion. They called me and told me i have to do a writing assignment during the interview. I want to know, what kind of question they usually asks? the 2 interviews i had, they didnt let me write anything, i am not sure why MCPHS does :(? please help, any ideas, what question they asks? oh and last but not least, do you have to have a BS or BA degree? what if you have just AA degree and did all the pre-req, does this mean it's a bad thing? if it is then why would they call me for an interview from Florida to Worchester? thanxx :)

Hey yall,
I got a interview call from MCPHS. My interview is on March 24, 2012. I had 2 interviews already, i am not worried about the interview portion, but i am worried about the essay portion. They called me and told me i have to do a writing assignment during the interview. I want to know, what kind of question they usually asks? the 2 interviews i had, they didnt let me write anything, i am not sure why MCPHS does :(? please help, any ideas, what question they asks? oh and last but not least, do you have to have a BS or BA degree? what if you have just AA degree and did all the pre-req, does this mean it's a bad thing? if it is then why would they call me for an interview from Florida to Worchester? thanxx :)

Its not a bad thing to just having AS and finished up pre req. I had same situation but I got accepted to MCPHS :). And for essay don't worry. That's not bad. They will give you some kind of situation for what you need to response. That portion is really not tough. But I was also worried for that when I had my interview for MCPHS. Good luck :thumbup:

Its not a bad thing to just having AS and finished up pre req. I had same situation but I got accepted to MCPHS :). And for essay don't worry. That's not bad. They will give you some kind of situation for what you need to response. That portion is really not tough. But I was also worried for that when I had my interview for MCPHS. Good luck :thumbup:

Thanx for wishing me luck. can you tell me what was ur GPA? and also, what was your science/math GPA? i am well prepared for the face to face interview, but i am really worried for the writing portion, i am a foreign student, so i am not very good in writing, i need to plan, think, for the writings. so do you know what kind of question they ask you for writing? what question did they ask you, if you remember. thank you.

To those who have been interviewed, did you get your invites through mail or was it an email-invite? Should I be expecting a paper mail? Thanks! and congrats to those who are in? I am still waiting to hear back from them.

I have the same question....i got an interview from MCPHS and I didn't know they will ask us to write.... does anybody remember what is the topic of the essay ? also I have an AS, do I need TOEFL before interview or after would be fine as well, or I dont need it at all?

I have the same question....i got an interview from MCPHS and I didn't know they will ask us to write.... does anybody remember what is the topic of the essay ? also I have an AS, do I need TOEFL before interview or after would be fine as well, or I dont need it at all?
The staff gives you 5 essay topics to choose from. They are very simple and you have 30 minutes to write a minimum of 1 page essay. I believe TOEFL is only waived if you already have a BS/BA degree. Otherwise, it is needed.

Can somebody say anything about the essay portion. i mean i know atleast somebody went over those essay questions, it will help us, so can someone help besides saying there will be 4 or 5 or 6 essays to choose from?

Can somebody say anything about the essay portion. i mean i know atleast somebody went over those essay questions, it will help us, so can someone help besides saying there will be 4 or 5 or 6 essays to choose from?

There was all pretty simple topics. But the 1 I wrote was about the quality of leader. Means if your are a leader of group and all members are of different nationality ,how you will manage to complete your project? hope it helps.. Good luck to all who is going for an interview. :thumbup:

My science math GPA is 3.6 and my cumulative is 3.5 And I am also basically foreign student so, I know the feeling about writing.. but it will be ok..

Members don't see this ad :)
There was all pretty simple topics. But the 1 I wrote was about the quality of leader. Means if your are a leader of group and all members are of different nationality ,how you will manage to complete your project? hope it helps.. Good luck to all who is going for an interview. :thumbup:

Thank You very much. i am nervous because i am from foreign country and i am not a well writer due to my nationality. lol. thank you very much for giving me some topics, and i appreciate your help yaar.

Thank You very much. i am nervous because i am from foreign country and i am not a well writer due to my nationality. lol. thank you very much for giving me some topics, and i appreciate your help yaar.

Judging from this sentence, I say it has pretty good grammar. haha

guys can i take my TOEFL after the interview or since i don't have the TOEFL I'll be rejected? :(

hi guys! quick question-- does mcphs email you once they have received your pharmcas + supplemental?? my pharmcas was sent feb 13 and i sent my supplemental at the end of january and still haven't heard anything from them.

also, i searched all over their site but is it possible that I'm missing a supplemental application fee??

U will only receive an email from them if there is anything missing in ur application.

I believe there was no supplemental application fee for MCPHS this year. At least when I submitted my application, it didn't ask me for payment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

For any P1-P3 on this site. How many hospitals do you rotate in? Also does anyone know the residency match rate for Worcester?

Thanks

Thnx to everyone who tried to help me with the essay questions. if there are any topics that anyone else know plz put them in this site, i hate writing essays.:scared:

Finally got the interview invitation today.... but i'm so worried......!!
For those of you that did the interview already, does anyone remember what kinds of question they ask at the interview??
please help me out here................. i'm so nervous

i know they are ethical, but does anybody remember what was it? and also as an out of state with good GPA does writing lower the chance if its not perfect?

looks like its game over for me in this school... im just on a waitlist to get interviewed lol

Wow, there's a waitlist to get interviewed? Didn't know there was such a thing. There's still a chance, slim as it is. Good luck.

looks like its game over for me in this school... im just on a waitlist to get interviewed lol

congratulations ;) do you remember the essay topic?

I don't think it helps if you know the essay questions and write them ahead. The school staffs, they read this forum too; and whatever question is posted, you won't have the same question. 30 minutes is long enough for you to write 1 page. so be confident and good luck.

any word on how full the class is? when does mcphs usually end the interview/acceptance cycle?

hey Everyone!

I wanted to know if anyone knows about the program at MCPHS.. i have heard both great stuff and horrible things about the pharmacy program.
i got accepted but i am not sure what I would like to do as yet.. any advices?

hey Everyone!

I wanted to know if anyone knows about the program at MCPHS.. i have heard both great stuff and horrible things about the pharmacy program.
i got accepted but i am not sure what I would like to do as yet.. any advices?

i have heard the same thing, but don't listen to rumors, if you got accepted, go for it. thats my advice to you. i have my interview soon, i hope i get accepted like you. lol

ok thanks...
i got accepted to two other schools and I have to make my decion for MCPHS by wednesday...lol

ok thanks...
i got accepted to two other schools and I have to make my decion for MCPHS by wednesday...lol

I hear they have a solid network in the state of Massacheusetts so it should be good if you want to get a job. Only thing I dont like is the cost of living on east coast and the accelerated program. I am not a fan of rushing without taking break. the stress accumulate quite fast. I picked school based on tuition, networking, and cost of living. but that is my opinion.

is anyone still waiting to hear back on an interview for mcphs? is it time to start looking fwd to the next cycle?

any word on how full the class is? when does mcphs usually end the interview/acceptance cycle?

Not sure on the class of 2015 class size yet, but I know of people that were accepted from the waitlist even in mid-August for a September start. I think they usually stop interviewing people in May or so, but Im not totally sure on that.

is anyone still waiting to hear back on an interview for mcphs? is it time to start looking fwd to the next cycle?
I spoke to them last week and they still have some seats left. I applied in january and I am expecting a response this week. So hang in there and gl

do they test your knowledge on any specific subject at the interview? or do they ask u about current events or anything?

i'm not sure if they'll focus more about personal stuff

Hey
I had my interview about a month ago and it is nothing to worry about
I was interviews by one faulty member. Jus ensure that u make it conversational as possible.

My question to you all is what do u think about the idea of video conferencing for classes, especially in a professional program..

got an intrview early next week...just wondering how the one-on-one interview with the faculty member went? should i be expecting technical ?s rather than general since the interviewer is an actual professor on campus?...figured if the interview lasted longer than an hour and the meeting was more conversational rather than typical Q/A session it would work to my advantage...any thoughts?
thanks...good luck all

I interviewed 2/23 and received an acceptance today. Unfortunately, I have decided to go elsewhere so I will be giving up my spot. Hopefully it will go to an even better candidate! :) Good luck everyone!

I interviewed 2/23 and received an acceptance today. Unfortunately, I have decided to go elsewhere so I will be giving up my spot. Hopefully it will go to an even better candidate! :) Good luck everyone!
Where did u decide to go?

Hmm i got an interview letter today, but did not receive any interview calls. Like everyone else here, how long is the interview? I'm kinda nervous that I am going to stutter.

Hi, Peeps. Congratz on your interview letters... This school is kind of different from other school is that if you get an invite, you are in good chance to get in. About the interview format... you need to do a writing sample essay (this can be vary... some ppl said they do this first, other said they do this after the interview., and you have 30 mins to write it). The interview is 1 on 1 with a faculty/professor, and in a laid back mode, so relax. It usually lasts 30 mins but could get longer... (mine was almost 2 hrs)... It is good that you ask a lot of questions and most importantly of all, be yourself!!!!!!!!

I hear they have a solid network in the state of Massacheusetts so it should be good if you want to get a job. Only thing I dont like is the cost of living on east coast and the accelerated program. I am not a fan of rushing without taking break. the stress accumulate quite fast. I picked school based on tuition, networking, and cost of living. but that is my opinion.
MCPHS is indeed an accelerated 3 yrs pharm program... but if you look at their academic calendar, the school has 2 months breakin a year, which is unheard of for an accelerated program. (FYI, the summer break is 1 months compare to 2 wks off from pac uni, OR)

Does anyone know what airport is the closest? The logan airport in Boston is further , I was told there is another airport close to worecaster. Can anyone who flew there and already had an interview tell me what is thee easiest way ? Where airport should i go and how do i get to school? renting a car is the best way?