MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what airport is the closest? The logan airport in Boston is further , I was told there is another airport close to worecaster. Can anyone who flew there and already had an interview tell me what is thee easiest way ? Where airport should i go and how do i get to school? renting a car is the best way?
Not sure about any closer airports. I flew into Boston. From their it is about a 45 minute drive. However, if you are driving in traffic times such as early evenings. You can double that time. Took me 1.5 hours on way to Worcester and 45 min from Worcester to Boston. The traffic can be horrible. I took my GPS so I can't give you directions. I rented a car and stayed at the marriot just down the street from school. There is a parking structure a couple blocks away. Good luck on your interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Boston was the closest airport for me (coming from CA). I rented a car, which turned out to be quite expensive compared to other places (probably still less than a taxi though I'm sure). I believe there is a public transit system linking the two cities, but I don't know much about it.

Where did u decide to go?
I decided to go to U of Maryland. :)

Does anyone know what airport is the closest? The logan airport in Boston is further , I was told there is another airport close to worecaster. Can anyone who flew there and already had an interview tell me what is thee easiest way ? Where airport should i go and how do i get to school? renting a car is the best way?
I got to Logan 3 hrs before my interview, so I booked a trip with the Knight's Airport Limousine Service (you don't get a limousine; they send you a shuttle haha), which got me to the school in about an hour. Afterwards, I took the Peter Pan bus back to Logan. Peter Pan is cheaper than Knight's (but the trip is a little longer), so I would recommend taking that for both your to and from trips if you have time.

Boston traffic is pretty terrible and the drivers there don't signal, so keep that in mind if you want to rent a car.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a letter in mail saying invited for an interview but it is too late to call for the day and schedule one so I will have to wait until Monday. I will probably be driving from Albany.

anyone schedule an interview on the 24th of march?

hey guys I got a letter from MCPHS saying that I am on wait list (pre-interview). what does that mean? did i apply too late? or it has to do with grades? does anybody know what my chances are? anybody got an interview after being placed on wait list?

Hi everyone! I was interview March 5th and accepted to the Manchester campus. I sent my enrollment form yesterday! :thumbup:

guys, can somebody who got accepted tell me what kind of question do they ask? do they ask personal question or ethical question or what do they ask? anybody knows the question? how long is the interview? i read above somebody says it could be 30 minute to 2 hour, is that right? also do we have to ask any question?

does anyone knows what are the interview question? is it ethical? personal? can someone help me please? also how long is the interview? i read above somebody says 30 to 2 hour, is that right? thanks

guys, can somebody who got accepted tell me what kind of question do they ask? do they ask personal question or ethical question or what do they ask? anybody knows the question? how long is the interview? i read above somebody says it could be 30 minute to 2 hour, is that right? also do we have to ask any question?
I'm sure every interviewer is different, but my interviewer was very nice and the interview was more of a conversation than question drilling. Just like other schools. They want to know why you want to be a pharmacist, know your education background and how that will reflect the ability to succeed in a rigorous program. My total interview time was about 2.5 to 3 hours including 30 minute essay, tour, and 20 minute one on one interview. Yes, you need to ask questions and be conversational. You should be interviewing the school as well with your questions. I can say that everyone I met there including students and staff were great. This is a no stress interview. Be yourself and relax! Good Luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure every interviewer is different, but my interviewer was very nice and the interview was more of a conversation than question drilling. Just like other schools. They want to know why you want to be a pharmacist, know your education background and how that will reflect the ability to succeed in a rigorous program. My total interview time was about 2.5 to 3 hours including 30 minute essay, tour, and 20 minute one on one interview. Yes, you need to ask questions and be conversational. You should be interviewing the school as well with your questions. I can say that everyone I met there including students and staff were great. This is a no stress interview. Be yourself and relax! Good Luck...
This is exactly what I have experienced!:thumbup:

i'm interviewing on the 27th and i'm flying from california.... i wanna rent a car there but why is it so expensive........especially for ppl under 25..
is there any other option to get to the school from logan airport then to my hotel...
or does anybody know any cheap rental place???

Logan Express is only $12 and it will take you to Framingham. Framingham is about 25 mins from Worcester, so it might not be too expensive to take a cab from there. You'd have to call for one though, they don't really patrol around Framingham.

Just got my acceptance package today!! Woohoo!

The interview was very casual and wasn't a stressful experience at all. Total process was about 3 hours.

IMO, best way is to rent a car from Logan airport and stay at the Days Inn or Laquinta, both are relatively close to the school and much less expensive than the Hilton or Hampton. Use priceline.com and try to book as far in advance as you can, you will save some money.

The interview was very casual and wasn't a stressful experience at all. Total process was about 3 hours.

IMO, best way is to rent a car from Logan airport and stay at the Days Inn or Laquinta, both are relatively close to the school and much less expensive than the Hilton or Hampton. Use priceline.com and try to book as far in advance as you can, you will save some money.

I also interviewed last week but haven't received anything yet. Where do you live?

congratz. by the way do you have a BA or BS degree? what was ur cum GPA, if you dont mind sharing? i dont have a BS or BA degree, thats why i am worrying.

I also interviewed last week but haven't received anything yet. Where do you live?
Im in Michigan (metro-Detroit area)
My interview was on 3/6, date on letter is 3/9, received on 3/14
When was your interview?

congratz. by the way do you have a BA or BS degree? what was ur cum GPA, if you dont mind sharing? i dont have a BS or BA degree, thats why i am worrying.

Thanks! Sure, I have no problem sharing my info
I have a B.S. in biology
Pre-req GPA 3.72
Overall GPA 3.70

BTW (I think) a BS or BA is not a requirement, but you need to have all required pre-reqs they have outlined

Last edited:
Im in Michigan (metro-Detroit area)
My interview was on 3/6, date on letter is 3/9, received on 3/14
When was your interview?

Thanks! Sure, I have no problem sharing my info
I have a B.S. in biology
Pre-req GPA 3.72
Overall GPA 3.70

BTW (I think) a BS or BA is not a requirement, but you need to have all required pre-reqs they have outlined

I interviewed on march 5 and I am from southern california. Congratulations! You have an impressive GPA.

Thank you! It should take you a little longer to receive your package, since you are on the west coast in california.. Im guessing either today or tomorrow for you

just got an invite for an interview :) anyone else interviewing on the 21st? any word on how many seats are still available?

just got an invite for an interview :) anyone else interviewing on the 21st? any word on how many seats are still available?

I also have an interview on 21st at 1:00 pm... no idea on how many seats available but hope enough for us two :p

Has anyone got accepted to the program even though they still have a few classes to take till the summer? I still have statistic to take.

Has anyone got accepted to the program even though they still have a few classes to take till the summer? I still have statistic to take.

do you have a BS or BA degree? i don't think you have to take stat if you have it

oops nevermind you do have to take it lol.. got confused with psychology..... xP

Yes, I have my bachelor's in chemistry May 2011. I'm taking stats right now at a local community college.

Hi guys, my interview is on friday march 30th. Does anyone noe what type of question they ask. n how long is it.

Thanks.

From the forum posts, most people said that it take about 3 hours and as for the questions most likely why do you want to be a phamacist ect.,

I also have an interview on 21st at 1:00 pm... no idea on how many seats available but hope enough for us two :p

How did your interview go? Smooth like butter?

i interviewed today. it was really laid back.. seriously guys, don't stress about it at all. the writing sample is so straight forward... again, don't stress. bryan told me decisions are usually made within a week so we'll see how it goes. good luck to everyone interviewing soon/waiting for decisions!

i interviewed today. it was really laid back.. seriously guys, don't stress about it at all. the writing sample is so straight forward... again, don't stress. bryan told me decisions are usually made within a week so we'll see how it goes. good luck to everyone interviewing soon/waiting for decisions!

what kinds of question do they ask..? for the interview and the essay?
and how long does the essay have to be?

Anyone still looking for a roommate? Im currently just browsing and looking at all my options

what kinds of question do they ask..? for the interview and the essay?
and how long does the essay have to be?

basically my interviewer told me about the program... accelerated, distance learning, rigorous, etc... and then just asked me simple things like my hobbies/interests... why mcphs... why pharmacy... what kind of pharmacy i'd like to practice. very conversational.

as for the essay.. they give you two pages but the prompt says generally students write 1-1.5 pages. it's NOT academic i.e. not testing your knowledge on stuff but questions like if your life was to be a movie, would it be a drama/comedy and why? who would play the role of you?

don't stress.. just be yourself & good luck!

basically my interviewer told me about the program... accelerated, distance learning, rigorous, etc... and then just asked me simple things like my hobbies/interests... why mcphs... why pharmacy... what kind of pharmacy i'd like to practice. very conversational.

as for the essay.. they give you two pages but the prompt says generally students write 1-1.5 pages. it's NOT academic i.e. not testing your knowledge on stuff but questions like if your life was to be a movie, would it be a drama/comedy and why? who would play the role of you?

don't stress.. just be yourself & good luck!

Thanks. good luck to you too!!

The school seems OK during my interview (none of the students I saw looked happy, but they could have just had an exam). My interviewer was very friendly.

I declined my seat yesterday; hopefully that moves one of you off the waitlist.

Good luck everyone :)

Got a letter in the mail yesterday from MCPHS-Worcester. Rejected. :mad:

Got a letter in the mail yesterday from MCPHS-Worcester. Rejected. :mad:

so sorry to hear that, what went wrong? did they tell you? what is your gpa? and did you do ur BA or BS? aww, i am so sorry to hear tht. call them and find out.

so sorry to hear that, what went wrong? did they tell you? what is your gpa? and did you do ur BA or BS? aww, i am so sorry to hear tht. call them and find out.
"Unfortunately, the committee has not approved your candidacy for admission." I emailed them and will update if I get a response. I have a BS with 3.38 GPA, but a poor record from previous school.

aw i'm sorry to hear that too :( was this pre-interview or post-interview?? it may just be that there weren't any more interview spots?

just picked up my acceptance package from the mail. i'll definitely be attending. can't wait to meet everyone!

just picked up my acceptance package from the mail. i'll definitely be attending. can't wait to meet everyone!
Wow didn't you just interviewed on the 21? That was a very fast replied from MCPHS, congratulation. Where do you live?

thanks!! yeah, i interviewed on the 21st and the letter is dated the 23rd. i live in boston so that's probably why i received the package so quickly

I got my letter pre-interview.. that could be it since I also applied pretty late. Anyway, congrats! Best of luck to you!

I got my letter pre-interview.. that could be it since I also applied pretty late. Anyway, congrats! Best of luck to you!
Did you meet the deadline of 3/1/2012? They told me that the school does interviews until May and sometime June. What was your GPA?

I agree with Hai N. From the past threads, this school do offer interviews until May. If in doubt, you can jut simply call the school to find out. From my understanding, this school actually extended their deadline from 2/1 to 3/1 this year to get their seats filled. I called the admission office and the lady stated that as long as you meet the 3/1 deadline, your application will be consider for admission.

I agree with Hai N. From the past threads, this school do offer interviews until May. If in doubt, you can jut simply call the school to find out. From my understanding, this school actually extended their deadline from 2/1 to 3/1 this year to get their seats filled. I called the admission office and the lady stated that as long as you meet the 3/1 deadline, your application will be consider for admission.

Did you meet the deadline of 3/1/2012? They told me that the school does interviews until May and sometime June. What was your GPA?

Yes, I did meet the extended deadline, but according to their email response the most likely reason was my grades. I got a 3.38 GPA, which wasn't so bad, but my previous school record was beyond atrocious. This was due to family emergencies therefore bringing down my cumulative GPA. Unfortunately, these kinds of things follow you everywhere. :(

Worcester calculate how many time you have taken the courses too. They give you a sheet with all the prereq and their GPA then next to it how many time you have taken it.

Just got my acceptance letter today... Interviewed on the 24th of March, letter sent on the 26th of March, mail received on the 27th of March. Hallelujah!!