MCW class of '08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You ARE becoming a thread killer like Don! Look, no one posted after you til now since St. Patty's day.

this doesn't mean i'm doomed to a lifetime of spilling mayo on myself and liking urology, does it?? :(

Members don't see this ad.

You'd better start getting used to it. No more emergency medicine for you. Oh, get a few more shirts while you're at it I guess, too.

the plus side is i'll probably do pretty dang well on boards.

Members don't see this ad :)
There ya go. That'll help you with urology.

Want me to save that table you've been at the past few days?

This just in: Funk will actually be at school today (i.e. he is far too behind on his studying at this point in the game).

Rejoice.

Whoo hoo! Party!

Party indeed! You and I can blab about Maui. Then Splat and I can talk about our future in Urology since evidently he's a mayo-spilling, Uro-loving, boardkiller and my specialty of choice was just eradicated by a single NEJM article sponsored by companies dependent on the anti-atherosclerotic drugs endorsed by said article! Wheeeeee!

I'm jealous! I wanna come hang out at the lib'ary.

I'm jealous! I wanna come hang out at the lib'ary.

You can only come to the library if you promise to take my path exam for me. It's all about the horrid, horrid diseases that wage war everyday on that scary reproductive tract you gals have got. A future Gyno like yourself should have no problem whooping up on this one (plus it's all buzzwords=easy). I'm just way too lazy.

You can only come to the library if you promise to take my path exam for me. It's all about the horrid, horrid diseases that wage war everyday on that scary reproductive tract you gals have got. A future Gyno like yourself should have no problem whooping up on this one (plus it's all buzzwords=easy). I'm just way too lazy.

For everyone's information... my ovaries have a vendetta against me. So at this moment, I particularly hate them.

For everyone's information... my ovaries have a vendetta against me. So at this moment, I particularly hate them.

I heard it really hurts when they get punched, so maybe you just need to go all Rocky Balboa on those spiteful bastardesses.

Members don't see this ad :)
My ovaries loooove me. They love me so much, they went on permanent vacation before I was born. Premature ovarian failure. Look it up, kids. (Don't really do that. It's lame).

My ovaries loooove me. They love me so much, they went on permanent vacation before I was born. Premature ovarian failure. Look it up, kids. (Don't really do that. It's lame).

Premature ovarian failure

I like the part of the article where they mention some "spontaneously become pregnant." Just doesn't sound quite right.

Premature ovarian failure

I like the part of the article where they mention some "spontaneously become pregnant." Just doesn't sound quite right.

Blasphemy! 60% of the time, Wikipedia is correct every time.

20060210100343l.jpg

Unfortunately, April, it's true. It's the worst form of infertility EVER because you still have to use birth control. Wah.

Also, I'm doing my last call day for inpatient medicine! Woohoo! *here's hoping I get out early today*

Unfortunately, April, it's true. It's the worst form of infertility EVER because you still have to use birth control. Wah.

Also, I'm doing my last call day for inpatient medicine! Woohoo! *here's hoping I get out early today*
why is birth control still necessary? my brother's gf has PCOS, I think. I'm not sure if she should use BC though - she only gets her period if it's chemically induced.

Because the ovaries could start working at any moment! And, as we know, that means ovulation THEN periods, not the other way around.

Today is brought to you by the letter "S".

why is birth control still necessary? my brother's gf has PCOS, I think. I'm not sure if she should use BC though - she only gets her period if it's chemically induced.

Women with PCOS do get pregnant from time to time--often when they've just lost weight.

A lot of illnesses that cause fertility are like that: the REDUCE your fertility. You're still vulnerable to surprise packages.

Women with PCOS do get pregnant from time to time--often when they've just lost weight.

A lot of illnesses that cause fertility are like that: the REDUCE your fertility. You're still vulnerable to surprise packages.
that's funny, because she just lost 58 pounds (she's now 110). better tell my brother not to make any stupid mistakes.

Impressive. What did she do to lose it?
weightwatchers. She's short too, 4'11 or so, so she actually was in the obese category. She hadn't weighed herself in years, and when she got weighed at the doctor's, she went home and cried. She lost weight gradually last spring and summer, but then she just got really motivated and really burned it off from October to February. Her face really changed shape at the end too.

here's her youtube (skip ahead for the progress pics)
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=t_9QHCTljtE[/YOUTUBE]

That's awesome!!! Your friend looks great. And so different!

And so encouraging. My goal is to lose 34 pounds, and I've been stuck at 18 pounds lost for a long time. Started doing the WW points thing (w/out paying for meetings) last Jan. Counting calories is a bitch, so points was easier. But I ended up eating the same foods every day. Talk about a rut. So I got preset meal plans and shopping lists - so convenient when you can just print a list and go to the store when you're busy studying. But now I haven't lost since the end of June. Went off the plan and, well, I cheat. But that video, honestly, really makes me want to get back into it. Yeah!! Wish me luck.

Back to studying path while watching the NCAA basketball championship.

haha, this is the video that makes me want to work out. Those deltoid striations and serrati anterior are mind-blowing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhS0KiZOaOU[/YOUTUBE]

My wife is watching The Bachelor, and some doctor in the navy is the bachelor. He doesn't even look 30, and he's driving a Saleen S7 (it's oh, about a $500,000 car - I'm gonna put one on my student loans). :rolleyes:

My wife is watching The Bachelor, and some doctor in the navy is the bachelor. He doesn't even look 30, and he's driving a Saleen S7 (it's oh, about a $500,000 car - I'm gonna put one on my student loans). :rolleyes:

Yeah, but the guy is on The Bachelor. That negates all coolness points he would normally win by driving a sweet car.

Oh, and Navy docs probably get paid about as much as a one-eyed pediatrician in the slums of Baltimore who hasn't quite figured out how to bill medicaid yet.

On a side note, my lung capacity is only about 85% of what it should be for my height/age :oops:, but my diffusing capacity is 134% of normal. :D

Yeah, but the guy is on The Bachelor. That negates all coolness points he would normally win by driving a sweet car.

Oh, and Navy docs probably get paid about as much as a one-eyed pediatrician in the slums of Baltimore who hasn't quite figured out how to bill medicaid yet.
Not in his defense or anything, but a "sweet car" would be a Camaro or a Mustang. The Saleen S7 is to a "sweet car" what Josie Maran is to the high school prom queen. It's not even remotely the same league.

on a side note. i don't think there's actually anything in this world more disgusting than a placenta.

That's awesome!!! Your friend looks great. And so different!

And so encouraging. My goal is to lose 34 pounds, and I've been stuck at 18 pounds lost for a long time. Started doing the WW points thing (w/out paying for meetings) last Jan. Counting calories is a bitch, so points was easier. But I ended up eating the same foods every day. Talk about a rut. So I got preset meal plans and shopping lists - so convenient when you can just print a list and go to the store when you're busy studying. But now I haven't lost since the end of June. Went off the plan and, well, I cheat. But that video, honestly, really makes me want to get back into it. Yeah!! Wish me luck.

Back to studying path while watching the NCAA basketball championship.

For me the key is to have some zero- and low-point snacks distributed through my day, and NEVER leave home without them. If I have a bran muffin or a bag of lemon pepper green beans in my purse, I don't HAVE to go to the snack machine if I'm hungry.

on a side note. i don't think there's actually anything in this world more disgusting than a placenta.

I think teratomas are more disgusting. Seems like your body's way of trying to grow one of these:

critters_13.jpg

haha, this is the video that makes me want to work out. Those deltoid striations and serrati anterior are mind-blowing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhS0KiZOaOU[/YOUTUBE]

One of my residents last month went to undergrad with that guy.
In other weird semi-celebrity connections, I once met Gina from American Idol. That's the only reason I watch, I swear.

One of my residents last month went to undergrad with that guy.
In other weird semi-celebrity connections, I once met Gina from American Idol. That's the only reason I watch, I swear.

But, at the time she was Gina, from Chipotle.

So, nice shoes...

I will own that porsche one day. The camera is in a Gallardo.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF5YoAz67DM&mode=related&search=[/YOUTUBE]

hah! listen to the huevos on that Lamborghini!

I'm pretty partial to the Murcielago, personally. It looks absolutely stunning in person. Way better than the Gallardo. The Porsches do look pretty sweet though - and at less than 1/3 of the price. If money weren't an issue though, it'd be close between the Murcielago and the Saleen S7R. holy balls.

although I'd like to try out a Koenigsegg CCX or an Ultima GTR. Or an Ariel Atom.

I'm pretty partial to the Murcielago, personally. It looks absolutely stunning in person. Way better than the Gallardo. The Porsches do look pretty sweet though - and at less than 1/3 of the price. If money weren't an issue though, it'd be close between the Murcielago and the Saleen S7R. holy balls.

although I'd like to try out a Koenigsegg CCX or an Ultima GTR. Or an Ariel Atom.

all those are teh suxxorz. D0Dge sh4ad0w is teh roolz!!!!!!!!!

I recall the yellow cotton dress
Foaming like a wave
On the ground around your knees
The birds, like tender babies in your hands
And the old men playing checkers by the trees

xandie....

this is important.

you need to buy me one of these.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp9q_2uIk-M[/YOUTUBE]

Buy me one too while you're at it.

I'll jump right on that... expect it in the mail.

That hovopod looks like it would be fun for about 5 minutes. It is like a boat that is too slow and an innertube with a fan.

One of my friends had a remote control hovercraft when I was around 8-9 years old. It works amazingly well on hardwood floors (I remember sprinting to keep up with it in a gymnasium) or industrial carpet, but it can't even move on regular carpet or grass. I never got one though, because they were like $40, which was approximately my life savings (except for the money I'd gotten from being in TV commercials :p). Then when I was like 20, and I realized that $40 wasn't quite such a big deal any more, I ordered one off eBay. They actually work fairly well on water as well.

I had the same financial epiphany when I was at Toys R Us picking up something for my mom (bicycle for my sister), and I wandered to the Lego aisle, and I realized I could buy the most expensive Lego set there, and it wouldn't even be that much money for me. So I got the Technic Formula 1 car, and my life moved into another phase. :p

I think teratomas are more disgusting. Seems like your body's way of trying to grow one of these:

critters_13.jpg

Now to bring this thread to the forefront...

I agree with Funk. Placentas aren't nearly as disgusting as dermoid cysts in the ovaries -- especially mostly sebaceous crap ones.

Oh, and chocolate cysts... the stuff that comes from those really looks like melted chocolate.

Mock not my field, peoples, lest you be mocked.

DON! We have a thread!!!

Mock not my field, peoples, lest you be mocked.

DON! We have a thread!!!

I was just planning on resurrecting this thread, when I scrolled down, saw the hideous picture Funk posted, and realized what topic was being discussed. I also noticed that the placenta I saw today is not nearly as nasty as the dermoid cysts (I prefer watching cystectomies to delivering babies, though).