MCW MSTP vs UA Tucson MD vs another application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grapesurgeon

Reaction score
I get seasonally depressed and am in love with Arizona, but my dream is to be a physician scientist. Is paying to be somewhere I love/have to find an alternative (and expensive) route to becoming an MD/PhD worth it? Plz help/roast me

Members don't see this ad.

If you turn down an MD A, let alone an MSTP A, you will have a pretty ****ty next cycle.

Look into tuscon and see if you can enter the phd program after m1. I know at least a few schools that offer that type of program.

Reactions: 1 users
If you turn down an MD A, let alone an MSTP A, you will have a pretty ****ty next cycle.

Look into tuscon and see if you can enter the phd program after m1. I know at least a few schools that offer that type of program.

I've emailed a few MD/PhD schools and asked if a previous acceptance would hurt my chances of getting in. They said no, and one even said many of their re-applicants/matriculants had previously turned down acceptances. Also, the Yale lawsuit made it so med schools can't see your acceptances elsewhere unless they explicitly ask. I recognize that I'm stubborn, but I truly think the fact that I'll go from 0 pubs/abstracts to 6 abstracts and 3+ pubs by this fall will make me a stronger MD/PhD applicant for the next cycle

But I do agree that if I were an MD only applicant it'd be more likely to hurt me

Members don't see this ad :)