MCW Priority Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about the Priority Alternate List at Medical College of Wisc. I spoke with the director of admissions and he said it is totally different from the waitlist and it is a good place to be right now. I was hoping someone out there that was on it last year or is now might know more than me??? What are the chances of acceptance like come May and is there anything to help my cause till then? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. I would like to hear something about this too. My letter specifically said Priority Alternate list too. I just assumed that there is just one waitlist and didn't think much of it. Anyone know anything?

I've heard that you are in a pretty good place being on this list, as there is usually quite a bit of movement off of it. Hang in there and best of luck. Hopefully I'll see you there next fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump. I got my letter today. I'm curious if anyone knows if there are two waitlists, like some schools. I guess we can call on May 20th to find out our rank on this list. Good luck everyone =p

Anyone have new information??

My letter just said "Alternate List" no priority in front of it...Maybe this is the other list. (hope not). Also, are most people going to go to the interview?

All I know is that every year people are taken from the priority alternate list (thats what the letter specifically says). so if your #1 on that list, i guess you have a pretty damn good chance.

good luck to all, cross fingers ***

take care

I went to a MCW presentation in November, and the presenter told us that over the last few years they have been averaging about 40 people off the wait list, and a few years back they almost went through the entire wait list to fill the class (He did not make any distinction between priority or not, though).

Hope that helps a little.