MCW Scholarships and Accredation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaliVera

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking of applying to MCW after my pre reqs are done within two or three years. However, it's stated they are not fully accredited yet; how long and what are the chances of this occuring by the time I apply? Furthermore, it's quite expensive at over 40k a year, how common are merit or any other form of scholarship?

Members don't see this ad.

Those are all of the same questions I have. I'm interviewing with them this Friday. I'll let you know if I hear any updates regarding accreditation and what their financial aid is like.

Those are all of the same questions I have. I'm interviewing with them this Friday. I'll let you know if I hear any updates regarding accreditation and what their financial aid is like.
How did the interview go, any answers to your questions?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How did the interview go, any answers to your questions?
Hi! So the interview went really well. I got admitted to their fall class. They offer FAFSA and like you said their tuition is about 40k a year. Their school is still new (their inaugural class was admitted last fall) so scholarships are available.
What I really like about the school is their unique learning style. From day 1, they partner their PharmD students with other professional students (PA, MS, MD) and teach collaborative work so that we are aware of what other healthcare professionals are doing to better benefit the patient(s). Accreditation is still pre-candidate and they can't really do much about it until they have a graduated class. So that won't be for another 2 years. But from what I saw during the interview, they have a solid plan and sufficient resources to make sure their school and their students succeed.

Late to the game here. Just wanted to clarify that it appears the person who interviewed is referring to MCW’s Central campus in Wausau. There’s also the Green Bay campus, which is having their first class match this coming Friday, and the Milwaukee campus. Milwaukee is fully accredited. MCW has been around for a long time. I interviewed at the Green Bay and Milwaukee campuses. I am confident that the school is employing the same strategies from their MKE campus to help those students at Central and Green Bay be just as successful. So I would not be worried about them becoming fully accredited by the time you apply.

Late to the game here. Just wanted to clarify that it appears the person who interviewed is referring to MCW’s Central campus in Wausau. There’s also the Green Bay campus, which is having their first class match this coming Friday, and the Milwaukee campus. Milwaukee is fully accredited. MCW has been around for a long time. I interviewed at the Green Bay and Milwaukee campuses. I am confident that the school is employing the same strategies from their MKE campus to help those students at Central and Green Bay be just as successful. So I would not be worried about them becoming fully accredited by the time you apply.
^This message is regarding the MD programs.
The original post is in the pre-pharmacy forum, not sure how/when this program is/was being developed in MKE or at regional campuses.

^This message is regarding the MD programs.
The original post is in the pre-pharmacy forum, not sure how/when this program is/was being developed in MKE or at regional campuses.
Ah, yes. Must’ve been forums deep in my SDN browsing that day and not paying attention to which thread I was in. Thanks for the catch!

Coming from MKE and knowing MCW really well, I can say that I’m confident they will make sure their Pharm students are provided the resources they need to ultimately be successful. They’re a great institution overall even if their Pharm school is new, no doubt it’ll grow to become a great place to receive your education. It’s just gonna take time for them to prove it with numbers and stats. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Thinking of applying to MCW after my pre reqs are done within two or three years. However, it's stated they are not fully accredited yet; how long and what are the chances of this occuring by the time I apply? Furthermore, it's quite expensive at over 40k a year, how common are merit or any other form of scholarship?

2 things you look for in pharmacy school

1) RegionallyAccreditted
2) Cost

Both are against you. Scholarships won’t offset your debt. Too many other schools with better criteria already exist. If gaining regional (not national, regional) accreditation happens, the cost will burden you. Be competitive and have a contingency to off set your debt in a saturated market. Considering a school pending accreditation is nonsense in a saturated market but take it as you will.

Reactions: 1 users