MD school vs dental school admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Considering the lack of objective evidence on both GPA and MCAT/DAT aspects of the admissions process, the most appropriate answer to the question posed seems to be "there is not enough data to answer the question." With that, I rest my case here.

Members don't see this ad.

Considering the lack of objective evidence on both GPA and MCAT/DAT aspects of the admissions process, the most appropriate answer to the question posed seems to be "there is not enough data to answer the question." With that, I rest my case here.

girl at bar: what do you do

studentdent00: i'm a dental student, but considering the lack of objective evidence on both GPA and MCAT/DAT aspects of the admissions process, the most appropriate answer to the question posed seems to be "there is not enough data to answer the question."

Reactions: 5 users
For someone who claims to be indifferent of med vs dent admissions, you take such a meticulous effort to distinguish between US MD/DO/non-US MD schools. Don't you think?
Well it's an important distinction to make when discussing this topic seeing that they all have fairly different admission standards. Which is essentially the topic at hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA tells only half the story. Also, as someone noted in your thread, without a valid statistical analysis, drawing any conclusion from such raw data is dubious at best.
What is the "other half? When you are done with your" valid statistical analysis", perhaps you can share your results.

What is the "other half? When you are done with your" valid statistical analysis", perhaps you can share your results.

We are all going to look like fools when OP proves us wrong!

lol-ing at the gold donor who got his account closed because of this thread. karma.

pre-dents +1 ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know why I'm even getting involved, but the DAT is definitely easier than the MCAT.

One of my DAT questions straight up asked me the definition of a retrovirus. Anyone who takes a practice MCAT test sees that it's nowhere near that simple.

The MCAT is all about making inferences from reading a passage and applying what you just learned from it and your science background. With the DAT, theoretically you can get by the science section just by memorizing every fact known to man.

I agree that DAT is easier but it doesn't mean that you can get higher percentile and also some dental schools's average gpa are higher than average MD schools.

I mean... Harvard dental's avg gpa is going to be obviously higher than most medical schools' avg gpa

michael-jackson-popcorn-meme-generator-i-m-just-here-for-the-comments-c7a82d-jpg.gif