Dec 15, 2020
I was wondering if anybody has advice for applying to medical school. I just finished undergrad and want to know what people recommend for timelines.
Is it best to apply this cycle (June Primary application) or take a year off and apply next June (2022). I have not taken the MCAT yet and was either going to start right now and take it May or maybe take it over the summer. I have two letters of recommendation lined up so far. Thanks in advance :)

Dec 15, 2020
You apply when you have the best possible app. Do NOT apply before taking the MCAT

Read this:
Med School Rx: Getting In, Getting Through, and Getting On with Doctoring Original Edition by Walter Hartwig
ISBN-13: 978-1607140627

ISBN-10: 1607140624
Thx, I'll take a look

Reactions: 1 user
May 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If the rest of your application is strong (or can be made strong within the next 6 months) then you could start studying for the MCAT now and apply this coming June. Do you have clinical experience/volunteering? Nonclinical experience/volunteering? Any leadership or research?
If the only thing you’re missing is your MCAT and you want to start med school in the Fall of 2022, apply this June.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads