Med Application Timeline Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cassidyp96

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has advice for applying to medical school. I just finished undergrad and want to know what people recommend for timelines.
Is it best to apply this cycle (June Primary application) or take a year off and apply next June (2022). I have not taken the MCAT yet and was either going to start right now and take it May or maybe take it over the summer. I have two letters of recommendation lined up so far. Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

You apply when you have the best possible app. Do NOT apply before taking the MCAT

Read this:
Med School Rx: Getting In, Getting Through, and Getting On with Doctoring Original Edition by Walter Hartwig
ISBN-13: 978-1607140627

ISBN-10: 1607140624

You apply when you have the best possible app. Do NOT apply before taking the MCAT

Read this:
Med School Rx: Getting In, Getting Through, and Getting On with Doctoring Original Edition by Walter Hartwig
ISBN-13: 978-1607140627

ISBN-10: 1607140624
Thx, I'll take a look

Reactions: 1 user
If the rest of your application is strong (or can be made strong within the next 6 months) then you could start studying for the MCAT now and apply this coming June. Do you have clinical experience/volunteering? Nonclinical experience/volunteering? Any leadership or research?
If the only thing you’re missing is your MCAT and you want to start med school in the Fall of 2022, apply this June.

Reactions: 1 user