Med School = easy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mizoodles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
College was far to easy. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see med school being that hard. somebody prove me wrong so i change my attitude.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont give a damn about your attitude. :)

College was far to easy. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see med school being that hard. somebody prove me wrong so i change my attitude.

1264973070058.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread's existence. Med school, easy? Really? Even for the most naturally gifted I think we all know this isn't true.

I believe you just proved your point wrong by posting a reply. u mad?

But he didn't try to change your mind, as your original post intended others to do

u confuzd?

I believe you just proved your point wrong by posting a reply. u mad?

But he didn't try to change your mind, as your original post intended others to do

u confuzd?

^ Yes. Taking the time to "prove you wrong" as your post instructs us would imply that I, and anyone else who attempts to do so, is somehow concerned for your well-being. Have fun roller-skating through med school!

^ Yes. Taking the time to "prove you wrong" as your post instructs us would imply that I, and anyone else who attempts to do so, is somehow concerned for your well-being. Have fun roller-skating through med school!
we need roller skates to get through? i'm phucked.

I have actually never personally heard a med student saying its hard. They all just say the same thing, which is "its just a lot of information".

Members don't see this ad :)

CB+morans.jpg

It depends on who you are. Med school might be the easiest thing in the world for you, but I would recommend beginning it on the assumption that it will be the hardest thing in the world.

I have actually never personally heard a med student saying its hard. They all just say the same thing, which is "its just a lot of information".
That's also what my older brother told me.

If you're of the attitude P=MD then yeah it won't be that hard. Hardness is all relative to what you're aiming for.

M.D. = Doctor of Memorization

Doing well in school =/= doing well in what you end up doing. It's pretty easy to attain an average level of competency in anything, but I wouldn't call medicine easy, for anyone. Seriously, I can't believe you'd say something like this (though it's pretty obvious that you're just trolling here). Please come back and tell me the same thing when you're studying for Step 1. For the the third time.

M.D. = Doctor of Memorization

Exactly, it's just regurgitating information. If there's any kind of difficulty at all, it would only be in the timing of this regurgitation. Which I don't really see being that hard compared to higher level calc classes, where you have to really think.

Undergrad = Medical School :confused::confused::confused:

I thought that undergrad, with the exception of a few clases (Ochem, Pchem, maybe one or two others) was fairly easy. I doubt medical school will be the same as this will be stuff you need to A) learn and B) remember. Cramming won't do much at this point.

Also, college was "to" easy? Yeah, good joke.

come to my school, you'll learn what hard really is. >_>

Course for course, med school isn't difficult. Now imagine having to condense three years worth of bio / cell bio / biochem / and some orgo into a month-long course .. that's what makes med school "difficult."

The pancake analogy is a pretty good description of what med school is like.

You've got a lot to learn, kid. You might also want to take some English classes before you start calling college "to easy." Good luck on the MCAT. With that attitude, you'll probably never make it to Step 1.

Y'all bakers toastin' in a roll bread.

Just to play devil's advocate, an old friend's father was an anesthesiologist-turned-radiologist and when I asked him about it he told me actual medical school wasn't quite as hard as organic chemistry.

It's not what I'm expecting, I'm bracing my self for Hell on earth. I'm bracing myself to have bricks thrown at me if I get single answers wrong on tests, but this is just something I heard... straight from a doctor.

I think that's because doctors suck at chemistry, not because med school is easy. But nice anecdote.

You've got a lot to learn, kid. You might also want to take some English classes before you start calling college "to easy." Good luck on the MCAT. With that attitude, you'll probably never make it to Step 1.

35 MCAT = easy. looked over a couple of mcat prep books and took a couple practice tests.

2 acceptances = easy. waiting for everyone else to jump on my stellar stats and give me a few more.

I've seen the "calling you out on poor grammar" too often. be a little more original with your rebuttals.

:D

In more seriousness, I have heard the same from some physicians - it wasn't as difficult as it was worked up to be. challenging, yes, but probably no more challenging than many other professional schools. which probably aren't that much more challenging than a rigorous undergraduate degree alongside all of the other bull**** that is required to do.

yeah. med school will be easy, just like orgo and the MCAT, total piece of cake.

Maybe you are just good at school. Awesome. However, grades/scores only get you in the door. Being successful at life requires a much more diverse set of skills. Since you feel that you will be able to skate through the first two years of medical school at least, why don't you try to better yourself in other ways? This could be developing your professional and bedside manner, making connections in the community, or starting an organization for whatever other interests you have. There are plenty more challenges out there if you look for them. Good luck!

OP is probably a freshman who thinks he's badass because he just got an A- on a gen chem exam.

Mizoodles here are some stats. Most people who go into med school are usually on the top 5-10 % of their class. Then most of these people try to get into the most prestigious school that they can get into. What happens when you put a population that is top 5-10 %... they become average. That being said most people are avg relatively speaking in a population. So regardless of how easy you think med school is, it's not going to be. Not because the material is hard, but because their is so much. Also the first year is relatively inaccurate assessment of your intelligence, b/c most people have take many of the subjects before. When you hit second year and rock systems and rock step one. Than you can start bragging. Until then be humble and if its so easy for you, help someone who it isn't "easy" for :)

it's easy if you think of it this way:

imagine taking 16 credits of undergrad science every semester. how many hours/week would that require for a 3.7 average?

add 50%, that's roughly the time it takes to pass comfortably.

add 50% to that number (1.5*1.5), that's honors.

so really, it depends upon your definition of 'easy.'

that's first year. they say 2nd year is harder.

it's easy if you think of it this way:

imagine taking 16 credits of undergrad science every semester. how many hours/week would that require for a 3.7 average?

add 50%, that's roughly the time it takes to pass comfortably.

add 50% to that number (1.5*1.5), that's honors.

so really, it depends upon your definition of 'easy.'

that's first year. they say 2nd year is harder.

So 16 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 36 hrs for honors. That seems pretty doable. Maybe I'll get a full-time job as well.

J/K!

I'd think it's more than that. Science classes take very little time to study for as one can work out most of the stuff conceptually on a test w/o having studied much (i.e., minimal need to memorize if you truly understand the material the first time). That's not what I've heard when it comes to med school.

So 16 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 36 hrs for honors. That seems pretty doable. Maybe I'll get a full-time job as well.

J/K!

I'd think it's more than that. Science classes take very little time to study for as one can work out most of the stuff conceptually on a test w/o having studied much (i.e., minimal need to memorize if you truly understand the material the first time). That's not what I've heard when it comes to med school.

nope. if you're that good, and can crank out five good hours a day after class, you'll honor.