This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tea Leaf

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... anyone know anything about Canadian medical schools? Like how to apply (from the US), which to apply to, admissions and like any and all pertinent information? Just asking for a friend ahahahahaha (cries internally).

-This may or may not have been inspired by recent events.

Members don't see this ad.

Canada ain't happening. But I hear Ross is looking for some eager new students...

Reactions: 1 user
That's a no go. You aren't gonna be able to leave and do it somewhere else. I'm stuck here for 4 with ya. =/

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry but Canadians can barely get accepted to Canadian med schools, you probably should look elsewhere.

Sorry again

Reactions: 1 users
If even 1 percent of the people that said "I will leave this country if Trump wins" will actually go through with it, I will apply only to carribean.

It's weaksauce to run away from Trump anyway. If you don't like what's happening to your country, then stay and help work to make it better!

I wish people would actually follow through on this threat. Every 4 years people say the same thing and nobody ever leaves.

So... anyone know anything about Canadian medical schools? Like how to apply (from the US), which to apply to, admissions and like any and all pertinent information? Just asking for a friend ahahahahaha (cries internally).

-This may or may not have been inspired by recent events.

1. Canadian schools are extremely difficult to get accepted to as a non-Canadian applicant, as @NotASerialKiller (an expert on Canadian med schools) pointed out. This is also why many Canadian applicants (including those with strong stats and ECs) apply US schools to maximize chances of success.

2. Running away from Trump presidency/Republican governance is honestly pretty lame to say the least. People reuse the same lines whenever a candidate they don't like gets elected but never act on it. It's just a typical, tiresome overreaction to election results.

3. If you want to practice in US, you should pursue medical school in the US regardless of the political/economic situation involved.