med school interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MDJatt here

I'd like to ask straight up
Any med school interviewers out there............plz lemme know
should i ask this.........why not.........but why????????
:(

Members don't see this ad.

MDJatt here said:

The only adcom member crazy enough to come on here and post is LizzyM and I think a few others. I doubt most of them really have the time to waste posting on here.

what school is LizzyM from

ChymeChancellor said:
The only adcom member crazy enough to come on here and post is LizzyM and I think a few others. I doubt most of them really have the time to waste posting on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
dittozip said:

She won't admit to what school she is from. I think it would be funny if she was some weird pimple-faced high school kid messing with all of us.

dittozip said:
If she told us who she was or where she works, she'd be inundated in minutes with pleas for help from applicants to that school. She'd have to quit posting here shortly thereafter. Her anonymity protects her and allows her to give what help she can.

OP, what are you asking?

ChymeChancellor said:
She won't admit to what school she is from. I think it would be funny if she was some weird pimple-faced high school kid messing with all of us.

What if it's worse? What if it's some fellow pre-med who is going around pretending to be an adcom and give out bad advice to sabotage people? :scared:

And that ladies and gents, is paranoia at work.

RayhanS1282 said:
What if it's worse? What if it's some fellow pre-med who is going around pretending to be an adcom and give out bad advice to sabotage people? :scared:

The ultimate gunner!

MDJatt here said:

How about you ask the question and we can comment. Most of us aren't interviewers, but we certainly have some perspective.
-Dr. P.

RayhanS1282 said:

Maybe pre-med machine reincarnated . . .

Greetings all! I'm looking for some Med School Interview advice. I'd like to prepare by educating myself more about healthcare reform and hot topics. I'd like to be prepared for those, "what should we do about healthcare disparities" questions. Can anyone suggest some helpful websites with useful information on current issues and events in healthcare?

Thanks!

I mean, how else do these adcoms have so much time to spend 24/7 on SDN??
The (minimal) demands of a job in academia...

Greetings all! I'm looking for some Med School Interview advice. I'd like to prepare by educating myself more about healthcare reform and hot topics. I'd like to be prepared for those, "what should we do about healthcare disparities" questions. Can anyone suggest some helpful websites with useful information on current issues and events in healthcare?

Thanks!

Nothing like necro-bumping a thread from a million years ago... anyway, I recommend The Wall Street Journal which you can read in hard copy (your school library might have a subscription) or online (ditto for access through your school) . The New York Times is another source and somewhat to the left of the Journal. If you have an "edu" email address you may get online access at a deep discount. JAMA and The New England Journal of Medicine have some interesting papers on topics related to health care reform and health disparities. It is possible to get the table of contents emailed to you each week so you can seek out the articles that specifically interest you. Subscriptions are expensive but you may be able to get it through your school library.

Finally, their are blogs of some value including one from Kaiser http://kff.org/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If she told us who she was or where she works, she'd be inundated in minutes with pleas for help from applicants to that school. She'd have to quit posting here shortly thereafter. Her anonymity protects her and allows her to give what help she can.

OP, what are you asking?
SDN has a rule prohibiting you from using real names, i think but there is one SDNer who has his real name in his signature. he is a MD at baylor, i think