Med school preferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abmuk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have heard that many med schools tend to prefer applicants from certain universities. If so, which ones are generally preferred?

And does anyone know the truth about how med schools view pre-med students that graduated from community college before starting at a university?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings,

I have heard that many med schools tend to prefer applicants from certain universities. If so, which ones are generally preferred?

And does anyone know the truth about how med schools view pre-med students that graduated from community college before starting at a university?

Thanks!

you could ask the adcoms themselves by positng this question on the thread "ADCOMS: Semi Solicited Advice"

Greetings,

Thanks!

Generally? Good ones. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings,

Thanks!

If so, it's different for every school and you have no way of knowing, so you're better off just going to a generally well respected undergrad school where you think you have the best chance of succeeding.

I'd think that your cc background wouldn't be a big deal as long as you take all the med school pre-reqs at the 4 year school that's granting your degree, but I really don't know much about that.

I would talk to your school's premed advisor. At my school they have year to year lists of where students applied and got in. You can definately see a trend with which medical schools like students from my university. Obviously the more prestigious schools tend to accept people from prestigious undergraduate universities, but also remember that a stellar applicant from any undergrad can get into an excellent school.