Med School TV show

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oasis

Some day you will find me
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to watch a great tv show on discovery health called "Med School". It was about university of maryland med students- basically like a documentary following their lives as they went through med school. Does anyone know somewhere I can download this or watch it online? been looking everywhere with no luck.

Members don't see this ad.

This surprises me...I would think a show about med students would be kind of...well...boring. I mean, sure it's exciting for us to actually be learning a lot of this stuff, but it seems like a show about people studying would get old fast. Unless it focuses mainly on the clinical years, then I can understand.

I agree. I get how we might find it interesting, but seriously, "Season Finale: Histology final!!!" might get mixed reviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
dont hate before youve seen it kids. plus its not about med students "studying". its more about their unique lives and how it plays into their education, goals, etc..

Oasis, I think it sounds interesting. I would be nice to get a look into what our life is going to be like for the next four years. If you have any luck finding it, let us know!

I would be nice to get a look into what our life is going to be like for the next four years.

Here's a synopsis of what your life in any med school will be like (wouldn't make for much of a TV show though):
Year 1,2 -- get up, go to lecture or watch it remotely. Go to the library and study. Maybe take an hour off here and there to exercise, eat meals. Watch an hour of TV or bs with friends and then go to sleep. Repeat x7 each week. During exam weeks skip the TV/friends and some of the sleep.

Year 3. (rotation dependent). Get to hospital by 6 and wake up patients to ask them how they slept. Round with teams until you have blisters on your feet, get pimped, do scut, write notes, maybe do a procedure or two if you're lucky. Go home 12 hours later if not on call. Eat a quick dinner. Read for a presentation you need to give, or practice problems in prep for the upcoming shelf exam. Repeat daily for 1-3 months. Then start new rotation.

Year 4. Attend elective rotations that interest you 8-5. Study for Step 2 in spare time. Apply and go on interviews for residency. After March 20 become a dead weight slacker for 3 months, doing the minimum.

I saw that show over winter break. It did focus on the clinical years, I never saw them reading once. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name, but it was on one of the directv channels that I've never heard of. It's worth the 30 mins.

During the clinical years do you usually get the weekends off??

i checked out that link! smokin deal! you can get all 6 50 minutes episodes for only $750!!! (sarcasm) WTF!? :thumbdown: