Med Schools GPA calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDposer

Samurai
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall, I have a quick question about how medical schools calculate your college GPA. I studied abroad with two programs during my Junior year and my grades for the two programs were not counted into my official graduating GPA within my college. I hope that med schools do count the grades from these two programs because I rocked the abroad classes, and it could provide a nice boost. Does anyone know how med schools do this calculation? Will they take only my official college GPA or include everything?

Members don't see this ad.

MDposer said:
Hey yall, I have a quick question about how medical schools calculate your college GPA. I studied abroad with two programs during my Junior year and my grades for the two programs were not counted into my official graduating GPA within my college. I hope that med schools do count the grades from these two programs because I rocked the abroad classes, and it could provide a nice boost. Does anyone know how med schools do this calculation? Will they take only my official college GPA or include everything?

yea, i'm right there in the same boat as you. all my stuff is coming as transfer equivalent, but not GPA. I am interested as to what others think...