You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Med Schools with Global Health focus
Started by Hunjan5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
University of Colorado (among others) has a Global Health:
http://thunder1.cudenver.edu/ctrglobalhealth/education.htm
http://thunder1.cudenver.edu/ctrglobalhealth/education.htm
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you guys could list some med schools that have a strong focus on global health. In addition, if you could provide some comments on the strength and focus of that global health program that would be great.
I'm interested in global health as well. 🙂
If you don't mind sharing, have you had any meaningful internship/opportunity to do something abroad?
I am having a hard time to find one.
Wasn't this identical thread just here a while back?
go through the old threads, its there and has some good info.
go through the old threads, its there and has some good info.
Dartmouth is very connected to Partners in Health and is doing a lot of work in Haiti.
To do work oversees you need to network. Ask your international friends or professors if they know someone in their home country who might be willing to host you and go from there.
To do work oversees you need to network. Ask your international friends or professors if they know someone in their home country who might be willing to host you and go from there.
University of Minnesota has an international medical education and research program:
http://www.meded.umn.edu/admissions/imer.php
http://www.meded.umn.edu/admissions/imer.php
Harvard and Hopkins. They not only have strong public health/global health programs, but sponsor a myriad of international opportunities for their students, particularly in Malaria and HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Cornell seemed very serious about supporting global health ECs and has strong faculty and research on global infectious diseases.
Hopkins is a good place to do global health if you have a research bent. Not only is the scientific research incredible but the public health school is among the very best in the world. Check out Hopkins' Malaria Research Institute to see the science and the public health come together.
Hopkins is a good place to do global health if you have a research bent. Not only is the scientific research incredible but the public health school is among the very best in the world. Check out Hopkins' Malaria Research Institute to see the science and the public health come together.
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any new information that can be added to this list. I have just graduated from USC with my MS Global Medicine and really interested in pursuing global/international medicine and health while in medical school. I am looking for schools that really have this as a focus and send students out to different parts of the world for education/training
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any new information that can be added to this list. I have just graduated from USC with my MS Global Medicine and really interested in pursuing global/international medicine and health while in medical school. I am looking for schools that really have this as a focus and send students out to different parts of the world for education/training
Tufts! http://medicine.tufts.edu/Global-and-Local-Engagement/Global-Health-at-TUSM
D
deleted393595
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you guys could list some med schools that have a strong focus on global health. In addition, if you could provide some comments on the strength and focus of that global health program that would be great.
Duke is #1 for global health
Iowa, Rochester have special programs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 346