Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Med student interviewer?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pcguy2, Apr 28, 2007.

1. pcguy2

pcguy2 Minneapolis Master

Medical Student
    When I first got my interview offer at U of Minnesota, they scheduled a 4th year med student to interview me. Is this normal? Cause I've never heard of it before. Just a passing thought...

Would be cool to be on the ADCOM in 4 years ;) <evil grin>

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Falco2525

Medical Student
    I did not know Minnesota did this...they did not when I interviewed there; however, many other schools do have current students interview prospective students...in fact it is one of 3 interviews at Pritzker and a Pritzker you can be on the actual adcom in the 4th year

4. Janny

Pre-Medical
    I also had a 4th year med student interviewer, and thought it a little strange.... I have interviewed w/ a 4th year med student at other schools but at those schools I had a second interview w/ a faculty member. U of MN is the only school where I have had 1 interview w/ a med student interviewer. The good thing (for me anyway) about this is that I often find it easier to relate to and express myself to med students rather than faculty members who finished med school 20 yrs ago.

5. baylormed

baylormed On the Search

Post Doc
    I think it is common in the sense that a lot of schools do it. I had an interview with an MS4 in one of the schools that I ended up getting accepted to (the other interviewer was a PhD)...and I know by asking that not everyone got a student interviewer, apparently some people got them and some people got 2 MDs or PhDs.

6. Tired Pigeon

Resident [Any Field]
    I think it's a little unusual for that to be your only interview -- usually it would be one of several, with the others being faculty.

7. pcguy2

Medical Student
    Interesting, its more common than I thought. Minnesota only does 1 interview (atleast I only got one). I did not end up interviewing with that person, got changed to a PhD when I rescheduled for earlier interview.

8. juiceman311

juiceman311 Senior Member

my committee member at one of the school i interviewed at was a 4th year. she was hot. i got in.

9. DreamyKid

I'm guessing u got into the school, and not the other place :laugh:

10. pcguy2

Medical Student
    oh gosh...

11. edozie007

Pre-Medical
    I know, 3 year bump. I just had to comment on here to say that I had the hottest student interviewer at X school. She had these deep green eyes and long luscious hair. The whole time she was talking, I think I was lost in her eyes lol. I feel like I managed to pull off a pretty good interview but still, damn she was hot. If I get in there, I might seriously consider going just because of her :love:

12. 45408

45408 aw buddy

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't say which school it was or anything.

13. addo

lol, must have made an impression to bring a 3 year old thread back. If shes a 4th year, too bad she wont be there next year :laugh:.

14. edozie007

Pre-Medical
    Lol she's actually an MD/PhD student so if I do go there, we'll probably be graduating around the same time:p