Med student interviewer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcguy2

Minneapolis Master
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I first got my interview offer at U of Minnesota, they scheduled a 4th year med student to interview me. Is this normal? Cause I've never heard of it before. Just a passing thought...

Would be cool to be on the ADCOM in 4 years ;) <evil grin>

Members don't see this ad.

When I first got my interview offer at U of Minnesota, they scheduled a 4th year med student to interview me. Is this normal? Cause I've never heard of it before. Just a passing thought...

I did not know Minnesota did this...they did not when I interviewed there; however, many other schools do have current students interview prospective students...in fact it is one of 3 interviews at Pritzker and a Pritzker you can be on the actual adcom in the 4th year

I also had a 4th year med student interviewer, and thought it a little strange.... I have interviewed w/ a 4th year med student at other schools but at those schools I had a second interview w/ a faculty member. U of MN is the only school where I have had 1 interview w/ a med student interviewer. The good thing (for me anyway) about this is that I often find it easier to relate to and express myself to med students rather than faculty members who finished med school 20 yrs ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is common in the sense that a lot of schools do it. I had an interview with an MS4 in one of the schools that I ended up getting accepted to (the other interviewer was a PhD)...and I know by asking that not everyone got a student interviewer, apparently some people got them and some people got 2 MDs or PhDs.

I think it's a little unusual for that to be your only interview -- usually it would be one of several, with the others being faculty.

Interesting, its more common than I thought. Minnesota only does 1 interview (atleast I only got one). I did not end up interviewing with that person, got changed to a PhD when I rescheduled for earlier interview.

my committee member at one of the school i interviewed at was a 4th year. she was hot. i got in.

I know, 3 year bump. I just had to comment on here to say that I had the hottest student interviewer at X school. She had these deep green eyes and long luscious hair. The whole time she was talking, I think I was lost in her eyes lol. I feel like I managed to pull off a pretty good interview but still, damn she was hot. If I get in there, I might seriously consider going just because of her :love:

Reactions: 1 user
lol, must have made an impression to bring a 3 year old thread back. If shes a 4th year, too bad she wont be there next year :laugh:.

lol, must have made an impression to bring a 3 year old thread back. If shes a 4th year, too bad she wont be there next year :laugh:.

Lol she's actually an MD/PhD student so if I do go there, we'll probably be graduating around the same time:p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user