Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Med student interviewer?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pcguy2, Apr 28, 2007.

1. pcguy2

pcguy2 Minneapolis Master
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I first got my interview offer at U of Minnesota, they scheduled a 4th year med student to interview me. Is this normal? Cause I've never heard of it before. Just a passing thought...

Would be cool to be on the ADCOM in 4 years ;) <evil grin>

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Falco2525

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I did not know Minnesota did this...they did not when I interviewed there; however, many other schools do have current students interview prospective students...in fact it is one of 3 interviews at Pritzker and a Pritzker you can be on the actual adcom in the 4th year

4. Janny

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I also had a 4th year med student interviewer, and thought it a little strange.... I have interviewed w/ a 4th year med student at other schools but at those schools I had a second interview w/ a faculty member. U of MN is the only school where I have had 1 interview w/ a med student interviewer. The good thing (for me anyway) about this is that I often find it easier to relate to and express myself to med students rather than faculty members who finished med school 20 yrs ago.

5. baylormed

baylormed On the Search
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I think it is common in the sense that a lot of schools do it. I had an interview with an MS4 in one of the schools that I ended up getting accepted to (the other interviewer was a PhD)...and I know by asking that not everyone got a student interviewer, apparently some people got them and some people got 2 MDs or PhDs.

6. Tired Pigeon

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think it's a little unusual for that to be your only interview -- usually it would be one of several, with the others being faculty.

7. pcguy2

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Interesting, its more common than I thought. Minnesota only does 1 interview (atleast I only got one). I did not end up interviewing with that person, got changed to a PhD when I rescheduled for earlier interview.

8. juiceman311

juiceman311 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

my committee member at one of the school i interviewed at was a 4th year. she was hot. i got in.

9. DreamyKid

10+ Year Member

I'm guessing u got into the school, and not the other place :laugh:

10. pcguy2

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    oh gosh...

11. edozie007

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I know, 3 year bump. I just had to comment on here to say that I had the hottest student interviewer at X school. She had these deep green eyes and long luscious hair. The whole time she was talking, I think I was lost in her eyes lol. I feel like I managed to pull off a pretty good interview but still, damn she was hot. If I get in there, I might seriously consider going just because of her :love:

12. 45408

45408 aw buddy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't say which school it was or anything.

13. addo

7+ Year Member

lol, must have made an impression to bring a 3 year old thread back. If shes a 4th year, too bad she wont be there next year :laugh:.

14. edozie007

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Lol she's actually an MD/PhD student so if I do go there, we'll probably be graduating around the same time:p