med student Thinking about becoming a PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheruka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if PA schools take med school course work? I have a friend who is rethinking med school due to personal problems and I want to help her. Is there anyway this will work out?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if PA schools take med school course work? I have a friend who is rethinking med school due to personal problems and I want to help her. Is there anyway this will work out?

Here's an interview with someone who did almost the same thing:

[youtube]95ulmbuVjY0[/youtube]

interesting perspective.

follow up a year later:
[youtube]Znh9lQ9mIVg[/youtube]

potentially doable but not a great option. pa and md/do programs are really looking for different types of applicants. if your "friend" is done with ms1 the hardest part of medschool is over and it gets easier from here on out. tell them to stay the course and then match a cush fp residency with night float coverage, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
potentially doable but not a great option. pa and md/do programs are really looking for different types of applicants. if your "friend" is done with ms1 the hardest part of medschool is over and it gets easier from here on out. tell them to stay the course and then match a cush fp residency with night float coverage, etc

Not exactly. MS2 is much more difficult than MS1 was. The classes are harder. Faculty expects more from you. Tests come more frequently.

Not exactly. MS2 is much more difficult than MS1 was. The classes are harder. Faculty expects more from you. Tests come more frequently.

EMED is right but we have the advantages of being PAs first. 2nd yr is a ton of clinical stuff which makes it easier for a PA

He said that medical school gets easier after the first year. That is not true universally (or even more than slightly for a very small number of people). For the vast majority of people in medical school, second year is more difficult than the first year. He is not right.