Medical consultant?

Started by NRAI2001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear poeple often mention how you could go into medical consulting after doing MD. So what exactly is medical consulting?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NRAI2001 said:
I hear poeple often mention how you could go into medical consulting after doing MD. So what exactly is medical consulting?
hey, heres something i found on Genentech's website some time ago that may be informative, have a look

additionally, i think doctors have uses in insurance, venture capital, pharma, and maybe investing banking--but i dont have any websites or documents showing specifics. plus, some of those might require an MBA too
 

Attachments

NRAI2001 said:
I hear poeple often mention how you could go into medical consulting after doing MD. So what exactly is medical consulting?

Here's a link to some healthcare consultants in the northeast. Click on their websites and you can see what they do (skip the accounting and law firms -- I suspect healthcare consulting is not a major part of their business). I just simply pulled this up from google, as an example -- I'm sure there are more and better ones you can find -- http://www.healthcon.org/northeast.lasso
 
Law2Doc said:
Here's a link to some healthcare consultants in the northeast. Click on their websites and you can see what they do (skip the accounting and law firms -- I suspect healthcare consulting is not a major part of their business). I just simply pulled this up from google, as an example -- I'm sure there are more and better ones you can find -- http://www.healthcon.org/northeast.lasso
Seems to me like they could use an MD/MBA or MD as all of their background is purely business.