You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Medical examination for student visa??
Started by Meggs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Meggs..
Just got my F1 yesterday..
It was really smooth..and no, I wasn't asked about medical records.
Tasha
Just got my F1 yesterday..
It was really smooth..and no, I wasn't asked about medical records. Tasha
Congratulations!! One big hurdle over and done with !!😀Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha
Hi Meggs..
Just got my F1 yesterday..It was really smooth..and no, I wasn't asked about medical records.
Tasha
👍Absolutely Mrinalini!! 😀 The one step thats absolutely not in our hands... Guess my consular officer just woke up on the right side of his bed.. cos thats really all it comes down to! 😉 Thanks a lot! 🙂
congrats tasha! why? is the visa issual that tough for Indians?
Thanks guys. 🙂
K'jal, I live in the Middle East, and given the current political situation, everybody made me believe visas are hard to obtain from this part of the world.. but fortunately, not just I, but all the Indians and Arabs who were at the embassy with me that day were granted visas, so looks like things are looking up. 🙂
On the flip side, my cousin in India was denied an F1 visa (and is ready to kill me out of jealousy). I was told that dental students are not normally refused the visa because of the amount of money we pay for the course. Lucky us. 🙄
Good luck you guys!!!! 🙂
Tasha
K'jal, I live in the Middle East, and given the current political situation, everybody made me believe visas are hard to obtain from this part of the world.. but fortunately, not just I, but all the Indians and Arabs who were at the embassy with me that day were granted visas, so looks like things are looking up. 🙂
On the flip side, my cousin in India was denied an F1 visa (and is ready to kill me out of jealousy). I was told that dental students are not normally refused the visa because of the amount of money we pay for the course. Lucky us. 🙄
Good luck you guys!!!! 🙂
Tasha
congrats tasha,Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha
Thanks guys. 🙂
I was told that dental students are not normally refused the visa because of the amount of money we pay for the course. Lucky us. 🙄
Good luck you guys!!!! 🙂
Tasha
r u sure abt not refusing visa for dental students? i have heard tht they generally refuse a lot of medical and dental students coz they dont want an oversaturation of physiciansand dentists here. even doctors applying for visit visa might be refused , even if thhey dont state any intention of studying here.
and also in bu we were told tht getting student visa even frm isreal is difficult and a lot of people were refused visas last yr.
so its party time for u now
😀
i have heard tht they generally refuse a lot of medical and dental students
my cousin in India was denied an F1 visa
gosh! is still cant belive these things..i mean why would anyone be denied a visa if they are legal enough with all the documents (and ofcourse not being terrorists!) ..ive been to US many times and always entered the country without a visa, as i was pretty lazy to go ahead with the procedures (also, as i get 30 days time after being here, to get it) and sometimes have left US even without getting the visa stamped....so where does the difference arise from?
Hey K'jal... regarding the difference, and why its there... I wish I knew. 🙁
I'm sure they have a reason, esp post-9/11, they are bound to err on the side of caution... the sad reality is, because of a few miscreants, a lot of honest students have had to pay the price here in the middle east. But like I said, the picture is changing.. the whole process seems to be relaxing.
Thank you Ann.. 😀 Regarding what you said.. its common knowledge that asians are dominating the health scene in the US.... so its a good chance that you're right as well. If you are.. then I'm just glad I got lucky! 😀 And yes, we're definitely in party-mode at my house, altho my mom is getting ready with the tissues, cos the goodbyes aren't too far away. 😛
*edit* AND THANKS PINKY, sooo sorry I dint see your post.. 😳
Tasha
I'm sure they have a reason, esp post-9/11, they are bound to err on the side of caution... the sad reality is, because of a few miscreants, a lot of honest students have had to pay the price here in the middle east. But like I said, the picture is changing.. the whole process seems to be relaxing.
Thank you Ann.. 😀 Regarding what you said.. its common knowledge that asians are dominating the health scene in the US.... so its a good chance that you're right as well. If you are.. then I'm just glad I got lucky! 😀 And yes, we're definitely in party-mode at my house, altho my mom is getting ready with the tissues, cos the goodbyes aren't too far away. 😛
*edit* AND THANKS PINKY, sooo sorry I dint see your post.. 😳
Tasha
Hi Kajal ,Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
gosh! is still cant belive these things..i mean why would anyone be denied a visa if they are legal enough with all the documents (and ofcourse not being terrorists!) ..ive been to US many times and always entered the country without a visa, as i was pretty lazy to go ahead with the procedures (also, as i get 30 days time after being here, to get it) and sometimes have left US even without getting the visa stamped....so where does the difference arise from?
If you don't mind could you tell me which country's passport do you have?
Few european country citizens donot require a visa before entering US,but I didn't know about south africa...
Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey pinktooth....mine's from SA ......what about you? Europe?
KAJALKIRAN said:hey pinktooth....mine's from SA ......what about you? Europe?
As far as I know, all citizens of South Africa require a visa to travel to the US, just like Indians do. Citizens of some countries are exempt from obtaining US visa, the majority of whom are European (As Pinktooth mentioned). South Africa does not feature in the Visa Exempt list.
http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html
However, there maybe some rule that i am unaware of. All my info comes from the internet not from actual experience. 😀 Or maybe Kajalkiran has a 10 year B1/B2 visa.
visa process as far as i know doesent depend on nationality.
it depends on the country of residence,that means its easier to get a visa from the prosperous countries such as the gulf states or malyasia and south koria,since the chances of you going back is higher than someone applying from a poor country.
it depends on the country of residence,that means its easier to get a visa from the prosperous countries such as the gulf states or malyasia and south koria,since the chances of you going back is higher than someone applying from a poor country.
Hi GKG
I too am applying for change of status to F1 visa and I am in USA.
I have to do it here and cant leave the country till my status is changed. In india they are very strict about the financial document to support your studies so take appropriate document with the tax papers, you will go alright.
I too am applying for change of status to F1 visa and I am in USA.
I have to do it here and cant leave the country till my status is changed. In india they are very strict about the financial document to support your studies so take appropriate document with the tax papers, you will go alright.