Medical examination for student visa??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meggs

Dpr@v@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if a medical examination is required in order to be granted the student visa?

'cause I've to fill the school medical form and I want to run as less times as possible to the doctor.

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Meggs :

No one asked me for any kind of medical exam :confused: .

I don't think so meggs..
The vaccination records are needed for the school but I never heard of any medical test prior to visa...
Lets see what others think about it

Members don't see this ad :)
yes pimktooth ,they asked me for a vaccines record ,but nothing about medical exam .

Hi Meggs..

Just got my F1 yesterday.. :hardy: It was really smooth..and no, I wasn't asked about medical records.

Tasha

Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha
Hi Meggs..

Just got my F1 yesterday.. :hardy: It was really smooth..and no, I wasn't asked about medical records.

Tasha
Congratulations!! One big hurdle over and done with !!:D :clap: :thumbup:

Absolutely Mrinalini!! :D The one step thats absolutely not in our hands... Guess my consular officer just woke up on the right side of his bed.. cos thats really all it comes down to! ;) Thanks a lot! :)

congrats tasha! why? is the visa issual that tough for Indians?

Thank you Sam and Tasha, and congrats as well.

Thanks guys. :)

K'jal, I live in the Middle East, and given the current political situation, everybody made me believe visas are hard to obtain from this part of the world.. but fortunately, not just I, but all the Indians and Arabs who were at the embassy with me that day were granted visas, so looks like things are looking up. :)

On the flip side, my cousin in India was denied an F1 visa (and is ready to kill me out of jealousy). I was told that dental students are not normally refused the visa because of the amount of money we pay for the course. Lucky us. :rolleyes:

Good luck you guys!!!! :)

Tasha

Wow Tasha thats great news........Congratulations....
so you all set to land in Philadelphia
fahr10.gif

Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha
Thanks guys. :)

I was told that dental students are not normally refused the visa because of the amount of money we pay for the course. Lucky us. :rolleyes:

Good luck you guys!!!! :)

Tasha
congrats tasha,
r u sure abt not refusing visa for dental students? i have heard tht they generally refuse a lot of medical and dental students coz they dont want an oversaturation of physiciansand dentists here. even doctors applying for visit visa might be refused , even if thhey dont state any intention of studying here.
and also in bu we were told tht getting student visa even frm isreal is difficult and a lot of people were refused visas last yr.

so its party time for u now
:D

i have heard tht they generally refuse a lot of medical and dental students

my cousin in India was denied an F1 visa

gosh! is still cant belive these things..i mean why would anyone be denied a visa if they are legal enough with all the documents (and ofcourse not being terrorists!) ..ive been to US many times and always entered the country without a visa, as i was pretty lazy to go ahead with the procedures (also, as i get 30 days time after being here, to get it) and sometimes have left US even without getting the visa stamped....so where does the difference arise from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey K'jal... regarding the difference, and why its there... I wish I knew. :(
I'm sure they have a reason, esp post-9/11, they are bound to err on the side of caution... the sad reality is, because of a few miscreants, a lot of honest students have had to pay the price here in the middle east. But like I said, the picture is changing.. the whole process seems to be relaxing.

Thank you Ann.. :D Regarding what you said.. its common knowledge that asians are dominating the health scene in the US.... so its a good chance that you're right as well. If you are.. then I'm just glad I got lucky! :D And yes, we're definitely in party-mode at my house, altho my mom is getting ready with the tissues, cos the goodbyes aren't too far away. :p

*edit* AND THANKS PINKY, sooo sorry I dint see your post.. :oops:

Tasha

Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
gosh! is still cant belive these things..i mean why would anyone be denied a visa if they are legal enough with all the documents (and ofcourse not being terrorists!) ..ive been to US many times and always entered the country without a visa, as i was pretty lazy to go ahead with the procedures (also, as i get 30 days time after being here, to get it) and sometimes have left US even without getting the visa stamped....so where does the difference arise from?
Hi Kajal ,
If you don't mind could you tell me which country's passport do you have?
Few european country citizens donot require a visa before entering US,but I didn't know about south africa...
Thanks

hey pinktooth....mine's from SA ......what about you? Europe?

Nope ,India
So SA citizens don't need a visa to enter USA?
Thanks

Anyone here applying for an F 1 from India, must say guys this part is the scariest of all the steps of admission.undefined

KAJALKIRAN said:
hey pinktooth....mine's from SA ......what about you? Europe?

As far as I know, all citizens of South Africa require a visa to travel to the US, just like Indians do. Citizens of some countries are exempt from obtaining US visa, the majority of whom are European (As Pinktooth mentioned). South Africa does not feature in the Visa Exempt list.

http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html

However, there maybe some rule that i am unaware of. All my info comes from the internet not from actual experience. :D Or maybe Kajalkiran has a 10 year B1/B2 visa.

visa process as far as i know doesent depend on nationality.
it depends on the country of residence,that means its easier to get a visa from the prosperous countries such as the gulf states or malyasia and south koria,since the chances of you going back is higher than someone applying from a poor country.

hi GKG

where are you at present? In USA or India

At present i am in India

Hi GKG
I too am applying for change of status to F1 visa and I am in USA.
I have to do it here and cant leave the country till my status is changed. In india they are very strict about the financial document to support your studies so take appropriate document with the tax papers, you will go alright.

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice ketu ,i'll keep that in mind ( aaah!! like he says in THE MASK " Gee i wish my daddy owned a bank" :D :D