Medical History

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmerBill

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I have a prescription for medication of a personal nature that I feel might reflect poorly on me if potential employers knew of it. When I graduate and apply for a job, will employers look into my medical history and can it affect my viability as a pharmacist? For example, if I have a record for the medication at Wal mart or something, can and would they look into my medications before hiring me? Thanks.
 
Hi,

I have a prescription for medication of a personal nature that I feel might reflect poorly on me if potential employers knew of it. When I graduate and apply for a job, will employers look into my medical history and can it affect my viability as a pharmacist? For example, if I have a record for the medication at Wal mart or something, can and would they look into my medications before hiring me? Thanks.

No. HIPAA protects you from that.
 
Hi,

I have a prescription for medication of a personal nature that I feel might reflect poorly on me if potential employers knew of it. When I graduate and apply for a job, will employers look into my medical history and can it affect my viability as a pharmacist? For example, if I have a record for the medication at Wal mart or something, can and would they look into my medications before hiring me? Thanks.

they can but only illegally......😀
 
my current job requested that I fill out what medications I am on on my pre-physical paperwork. I didn't mention anything other than synthroid, but then I started looking up if any of my meds could cause false-positive UDS...