Medical School...capitalized or not!?

Started by Sarak510
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

it's: I am applying to medical school. I am applying to Harvard Medical School.
You only capitalize if it's part of the name.
 
Sarak510 said:
Hi,
Is it medical school or Medical School...hmmm.

Just like anything else in English:

If it is a specific medical school, you use the capital letters. If you are talking about medical schools in general, you use lower case letters.
 
OSUdoc08 said:
Just like anything else in English:

If it is a specific medical school, you use the capital letters. If you are talking about medical schools in general, you use lower case letters.

Most agree. I would only use Medical School if it is actually part of the school's name (i.e. Eastern Virginia Medical School). Most of the others use School of Medicine. Nitpicky detail, I know...