Medical Schools focused on Rural & Community Health?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

persimmon22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to apply to medical school next May (2021) and was interested in doing some preliminary research on schools that are focused on rural and community/population health. I was wondering if anyone knew of medical schools that have this focus or have programs or tracks for students that are interested in those areas.

I am an Arizona Resident and I know that U of A (Phoenix) & U of A (Tucson) have this focus and tracks associated with them, but I was wondering if there were any OOS friendly schools with these focuses that I should look into?

Thank you for reading this and I would appreciate any information :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm looking to apply to medical school next May (2021) and was interested in doing some preliminary research on schools that are focused on rural and community/population health. I was wondering if anyone knew of medical schools that have this focus or have programs or tracks for students that are interested in those areas.

I am an Arizona Resident and I know that U of A (Phoenix) & U of A (Tucson) have this focus and tracks associated with them, but I was wondering if there were any OOS friendly schools with these focuses that I should look into?

You want to buy a subscription to MSAR, which is offered by AAMC and has profiles and tons of statistical information on every AAMC member medical school. Some information, like mission statements, is available without buying the subscription, but the subscription is really worth it given how much information it provides and how inexpensive it is when compared to how much the whole process costs.

Reactions: 1 user

From what I know, UMASS is a big one, also Temple, BU, VCU, and Einstein.

edit: whoops sorry, you stipulated OOS friendly so I took UW off my list.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)