Medical schools that drop + and - from letter grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t3705

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when looking at gpas. So an A- becomes an A, and a B+ becomes a B, etc.

Anybody know which schools do this...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Med Schools only see your grades when they see your AMCAS. AMCAS automatically converts +/- to their appropiate letter grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Med Schools only see your grades when they see your AMCAS. AMCAS automatically converts +/- to their appropiate letter grades.

Actually, AMCAS takes into account + and - when calculating the gpa. I believe that A- is 3.7. I forget whether B+ is 3.5 or 3.3.... but you get the point. I would bet that most if not all schools aside from texas schools use plus and minus.

Actually, AMCAS takes into account + and - when calculating the gpa. I believe that A- is 3.7. I forget whether B+ is 3.5 or 3.3.... but you get the point. I would bet that most if not all schools aside from texas schools use plus and minus.

B+ is a 3.3

As was already stated, AMCAS uses the +/- system, but the one big thing to remember (actually two) is that their number values for the grades may differ slightly from your institution's, and A+s are simply calculated as A's.

Texas schools count A- as As? That increase my GPA quite a bit. All those damn A minuses.