Medical vs. Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Prestige is for people with small penises and big insecurities (lol...i had to double check the plural of penis). Obviously this is motivation enough for hours and hours in the library and higher grades.

With the "prestige" of being a physician and their portrayal/representation in the media, the most insecure people are attracted to the career and will want to work harder to attain the status of being a doctor. This will translate into higher grades and more competitive students.

Members don't see this ad.

I think what you're getting at is "what is ones definition of success". For some being a dentist or a physician is a great achievement and they are proud of it. For others, yes, the successful business may be their legacy.

But speaking in practical terms; I think the chances of being a successful dentist or doctor are greater for the length of a career than being a successful business owner.

Going back to the definition of success... I think intellectual achievements are just as important as monetary achievements (and in many times lead to them). This is not exclusive to dentistry.

We cant all run 7/11's and own dollar trees.

Agreed. The real winners are business owners/entrepreneurs who make 5-6 figures a day/a week, have relatively less debt, and have their own hours.

You want prestige? You want to be the "boss?!" Go be a successful business owner and laugh at mortals clawing their way through textbooks, ending up with 200k debt making a mere 6 figures (after 10+ years of studying) that entrepreneurs make in a day/week/month, and fighting amongst themselves about which specialty is superior. :laugh:

The MCAT and DAT are dramatically different tests. I would guess that an AA of 20 on the DAT translates to about a 27 or 26 on the MCAT. Gaining admission to medical school is much more difficult than gaining admission to dental school, generally speaking, no question.

true in the states it seems, very very different in canada, dental being much harded.

compare 3.6 GPA med vs 3.99 dental

Members don't see this ad :)
lol my brother got the kaplan dat book (which was half the size of any one of the 5 mcat books i was studying) and spent one month studying 1001 mcat examkrackers...he came out of the test and was like mannn, have you ever heard of the hepatic portal vein?...he got a 25

j3UvL.jpg

lol my brother got the kaplan dat book (which was half the size of any one of the 5 mcat books i was studying) and spent one month studying 1001 mcat examkrackers...he came out of the test and was like mannn, have you ever heard of the hepatic portal vein?...he got a 25

were your parents related by any chance?

Wow, this thread is lots of fun. I chose dentistry because it tends to provide a better family life after school is over and because you are generally more autonomous in practice. Financial freedom is attainable in either field.