Medicare Paycuts and Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have heard so much about the pending medicare pay cuts to physicians and I wanted to know if anyone here knows (if, or how) this will affect anesthesia since it seems (at least based on all the posts on this forum) that Anesthesia is ALWAYS GOING TO BE AN EXTREMELY WELL COMPENSATED FIELD and that any paycuts will just impact "all the other docs like medicine guys, surgeons, psychiatrists, etc"? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know any specifics but I do feel that nobody is immune from the cold and clamy hands of Medicare. Who knows what will be next, thats why I say go with what you like.

rs2006 said:
Hi all,

I have heard so much about the pending medicare pay cuts to physicians and I wanted to know if anyone here knows (if, or how) this will affect anesthesia since it seems (at least based on all the posts on this forum) that Anesthesia is ALWAYS GOING TO BE AN EXTREMELY WELL COMPENSATED FIELD and that any paycuts will just impact "all the other docs like medicine guys, surgeons, psychiatrists, etc"? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Read my posts on the surgeons vs anesthetists fees thread.