Medprep Nycom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuvlyStnds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NYCOM's Med Prep Program - Questions and Answers

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of questions did you have about the Medprep program?

None- I just thought that I would start a thread...for questions and answers...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I got accepted to med-prep for 2009.
What is the curriculum like? I think I read somewhere you take organ histology, biochem, physiology...what else if you don't mind me asking..
Do you recommend any books/study aids?
It's so far away, but might as well get a head start :)

Hi guys, I got accepted to med-prep for 2009.
What is the curriculum like? I think I read somewhere you take organ histology, biochem, physiology...what else if you don't mind me asking..
Do you recommend any books/study aids?
It's so far away, but might as well get a head start :)

do not headstart.

I was in Medprep this past summer. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post on here or PM me. Good luck to those accepted!

I was in Medprep this past summer. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post on here or PM me. Good luck to those accepted!

hey...i just got the medprep letter/application in the mail. does that mean i'm basically accepted since i was offered the opportunity to apply?

Also, could you tell me about your experience in the program? i.e. how intensive was it? how are you evaluated, and what do you need to do to pass?

thanks!

hey...i just got the medprep letter/application in the mail. does that mean i'm basically accepted since i was offered the opportunity to apply?

Also, could you tell me about your experience in the program? i.e. how intensive was it? how are you evaluated, and what do you need to do to pass?

thanks!

When did you interview?

i interviewed march 10th...and got the response about a month later...

Hey guys,

I'm going to be applying to nycom in 2010. I was just looking for a little information about the medprep program. I understand that it is a one month prep course that gives you conditional acceptance. So do the applicants that just missed getting accepted to nycom get put into medprep? Do you get put on the waitlist first and then moved to medprep? Approximately how many applicants get into the program? Just trying to get a clearer idea of how it works. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Were you invited to do the program or did you apply for it?

So I just had my interview yesterday and it went really well. However I was reading Usdin on the way home and now fear I was only being interviewed for med prep. Do they not even tell you about the program until they tell you your in it? If you received an emai for HCOP does that mean your interview is for med prep? Is it a weeder program? I'm freaking out because if I have a lease in Philly until August and a really good research job at Penn that once I leave I will be replaced. NYCOM is my top school and I want to go there so bad, but I fear doing med prep, paying rent here and there, then not getting into NYCOM and then being unemployed. Can some ex med preppers give me their advice?? Suggestions??