Meeting with a dean of admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocStretch

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would ya'll look to get from a meeting with the dean of a school that you're waitlisted at? Of course I'll aks the "what are my chances" and "is there anything I can add to my app that'll improve said chances" questions. But is there anything else I should think about asking or talking about? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Tell the Dean how much you like the school. Be specific. Deans really like applicants who have done their homework and who can make a comment about a new building, a particular faculty member's research, or something special about the curriculum. People love to hear why their school is so great! :love:

I'm also waitlisted and visiting that school. DocStretch, did you make an appointment to see the dean? How did you go about this? I don't want to be too pushy but also want to make sure they know this is my first choice.

Has anybody actually tried this and gotten off the waitlist? Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Lizzy. I'm gonna pay some defiinite homage at the meeting.
Noodley, I went straight to the top and contacted him directly through email. My waitlist letter had said "if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us", or something along those lines. I was reaaal nice in my email and so I wasn't too afraid that it'd come across as being too pushy. I kind of feel I've got nothing to lose, afterall, what are they going to do, not accept me twice? G'luck with yours :luck: