***MEGA Help me Rank Thread***

Started by outsource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

outsource

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Instead of asking in various threads on how to rank programs in the next few days, I thought we can accumulate everything in one thread. I'll start, how would you rank these programs on your rank list?

Mayo (Rochester)
Baylor
U Washington
UCLA
UTSW
VCU
Barrows
University of Arizona
University of Arizona UPHK..
Henry Ford
UT-Houston
Penn State
UTMB-Galveston
Loyola
UT-San Antonio
Emory
Methodist (Houston)
 
Hard to say without knowing what you are looking for. Do you have geographic preference? Lots of research or mostly clinical? Also where did you feel most comfortable during the interview?

Personally, I am only familiar with Emory and Baylor. I liked Emory much better although it seems as if the residents were a little stressed and didn't receive as much formal didactics. Very strong program though. I wasn't too impressed with Baylor. The residents are spread over 6 hospitals and seemed like they were worked hard. 6 hospitals= 6 passwords= 6 charting systems= lots of headaches. Also I was turned off by the low resident turnout at the dinner and very few said hello during the interview day. Good program, but I would put Emory higher than Baylor.

As for the others, I can't help you.
 
Hard to say without knowing what you are looking for. Do you have geographic preference? Lots of research or mostly clinical? Also where did you feel most comfortable during the interview?

Personally, I am only familiar with Emory and Baylor. I liked Emory much better although it seems as if the residents were a little stressed and didn't receive as much formal didactics. Very strong program though. I wasn't too impressed with Baylor. The residents are spread over 6 hospitals and seemed like they were worked hard. 6 hospitals= 6 passwords= 6 charting systems= lots of headaches. Also I was turned off by the low resident turnout at the dinner and very few said hello during the interview day. Good program, but I would put Emory higher than Baylor.

As for the others, I can't help you.

Thanks for your opinion. Any other inputs please?