Meharry Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted for June 2008?

Members don't see this ad.

i've been complete with my secondary from meharry since sept/oct., but they haven't sent me any notification of an interview invite/rejection...?

Aloha,
I plan on applying to Meharry for the summer of 2009. Do you have an advice regarding your interview? Also do you mind sharing your stats. I am 28 and currently work as a Forensic Toxicologist in Hawaii. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mahalos,
Jessie

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back on Nov 15. basically you get two interviews. The best advice I could give you is know the basic questions like tell me about your self and why should Meharry accept you becasue you will get asked them.

Hey there, I interviewed on December 3rd and received an acceptance letter dated December 14th.

Is Meharry a good school? I know that they're criteria for acceptance isn't that high

Congrats Monty!

How was the interview? I have mine next week:scared:

Lys

Overall, the interview was pretty laid back, and I found everyone to nice for the most part. I had two interviews with faculty members, both of which seemed more interested in me as a person than just my applicant profile. I also had a "student interview" with a panel of three current Meharry students, where all of the interviewees got to ask questions about the school. I asked about the USMLE preparation that the school offers, and it seemed to go over pretty well. Talking to other Meharry students on the tour of the school said that whether the student interviewers like you or not goes a long way in determining if you are accepted or not. Any other questions about the interview?

I just got an email today placing me on a pre-interview hold, and letting me know that I am being considered for their postbac program. Not an interview invite but better than a rejection. Does anyone know of or about someone who was taken off their hold and offered an interview?

Overall, the interview was pretty laid back, and I found everyone to nice for the most part. I had two interviews with faculty members, both of which seemed more interested in me as a person than just my applicant profile. I also had a "student interview" with a panel of three current Meharry students, where all of the interviewees got to ask questions about the school. I asked about the USMLE preparation that the school offers, and it seemed to go over pretty well. Talking to other Meharry students on the tour of the school said that whether the student interviewers like you or not goes a long way in determining if you are accepted or not. Any other questions about the interview?

Thanks for your insight! Are you going to be in Meharry's class of 2012 then?

Lys

It's been almost 3 weeks since my interview, so Meharry must have made decisions on my interview group by now. So now I'll camp out by my mail box and wait...

Has anyone else from early Jan. heard back?

Lys

I was accepted to Meharry in early Dec. and interviewed on Nov. 13 (I think). I am so excited! Everyone there was so nice and one of my interviewers was Dr. Beech, who is chairman of the dept. of surgery. He was so great and I think my interview with him was my main reason for my acceptance. Dr. Beech also wrote a book, "First, Do No Harm," which is great reading, as well. The most impressive part, to me, was the faculty and administration.

I was accepted to Meharry in early Dec. and interviewed on Nov. 13 (I think). I am so excited! Everyone there was so nice and one of my interviewers was Dr. Beech, who is chairman of the dept. of surgery. He was so great and I think my interview with him was my main reason for my acceptance. Dr. Beech also wrote a book, "First, Do No Harm," which is great reading, as well. The most impressive part, to me, was the faculty and administration.

Congrats :) Is Meharry your top choice? We may be in the same class come June... if the mailman brings me my Golden Ticket.

Lys

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Alyssa,
Did you interview on the 14th of january? I did too! I am getting sooo anxious now 'cos its been over two weeks.......

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!!!!! Just wondering, did u get an actual letter or just an email regarding your acceptance?

Hey Alyssa,
Did you interview on the 14th of january? I did too! I am getting sooo anxious now 'cos its been over two weeks.......

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!!!!! Just wondering, did u get an actual letter or just an email regarding your acceptance?

Nope, I interviewed Jan 11th. I think I'm going to call Mr. Mosley on Wednesday.

Lys

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. It was dated Feb 4th.

Lys

TO those that have interviewed....Did you follow-up in any way with the school after your inteview? By mail, email, etc.? Did you follow up with any of the students?

TO those that have interviewed....Did you follow-up in any way with the school after your inteview? By mail, email, etc.? Did you follow up with any of the students?

I emailed a thank you letter to the admissions email. It was addressed to the admissions committee.

Alyssa

did anyone interviewed on feb 11? and have you heard back from Meharry?

do u mind sharing ure stats?

~15 year history of volunteering and community building in minority populations. I think that was the most important. My numbers were about average for Meharry.

Lys

so, from what folks are saying...if Meharry likes you they let you know within 2-3 weeks? Anyone find out later than this that they were accepted?

Interviewed 11/9 Accepted 1/12

my stats are close to Meharry's average. Dont lose faith!:)

THX!!! UVABranch, I'm a Wahoo as well:hardy:
you're a HOO????? NO WAY!! Wah hoo wha :D Not to hijack the thread but when did (or have you) graduate(d)?? Do you participate in BAW??

Congratulations Optimistic!!! When did you interview?

Just got the acceptance e-mail :D

wow Congratulations Sernic! I thought they were sending letters..... I guess I am out of the loop. When did you interview ??

I just got offered an interview today for March 7th... so NOBODY LOSE FAITH!!!:)
Congrats to all!:hardy:

optimistic22, I'm looking into applying to Meharry for 2009 acceptance and am taking the MCAT in April. If you don't mind sharing, can you tell me how you did on the MCAT and what your overall and science GPA are? Just want to see what kind of chances I have, thank and congrats!

I GOT ACCEPTED TODAY....GOD IS SO GOOD!:luck:

I just got offered an interview today for March 7th... so NOBODY LOSE FAITH!!!:)
were you on the pre interview hold before or just waiting to hear something at all? congrats btw ;)

I've been complete since Oct..no news from them yet. I don't know where to go to check for online status actually. Where I log in, it's just to see the profile. Would a kind soul paste the link here for me? Thanks so much!

wow Congratulations Sernic! I thought they were sending letters..... I guess I am out of the loop. When did you interview ??

thanks! .... I interviewed Feb 15th

thanks UVA!

you're a HOO????? NO WAY!! Wah hoo wha :D Not to hijack the thread but when did (or have you) graduate(d)?? Do you participate in BAW??

I'm still here in grad school...and unfortunately the one BAW I tried to attend, I didn't get into because I didn't have advanced tix!:cool:

I interview Feb. 18! Good luck and congrats to all!!

GO Sernic! Also olgyt, my stats were very close to Meharry's stats...but, they defintitely are very interested in the whole person (not just numbers)!

I've been complete since Oct..no news from them yet. I don't know where to go to check for online status actually. Where I log in, it's just to see the profile. Would a kind soul paste the link here for me? Thanks so much!

I don't think there is a place to check status online. I emailed them in November looking for my status, because I should have been completed in October. About a week later, they sent my an interview invite. So I say call or email them.

Lys

so, from what folks are saying...if Meharry likes you they let you know within 2-3 weeks? Anyone find out later than this that they were accepted?

Not that you care anymore, lol, but for other people. I interviewed on Jan. 11th. My letter was dated Feb. 4th (3 weeks later). Arrived at my mail box in Canada Feb. 11th (4 weeks later).

Lys

I GOT ACCEPTED TODAY....GOD IS SO GOOD!:luck:

Just got the acceptance e-mail :D

Congratulations to all of you! I wish I had gotten an email, it would have saved 1 week of nail biting. Is Meharry the top choice for anyone that's been accepted thus far? We may have to start a Meharry class of 2012 thread soon:hardy::)

Congrats to everybody who was accepted! Lord willing I will be in your shoes this time next year for the class of 2013! God bless.

I'm so scared right now... i was interviewed on Feb 11th and haven't heard anything yet.. what should i do?

I don't think there is a place to check status online. I emailed them in November looking for my status, because I should have been completed in October. About a week later, they sent my an interview invite. So I say call or email them.

Lys
Thanks, Miss Alyssa. I will definitely be emailing them today!