Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many students Meharry interviews?????? and how their interviews are?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a fabulous question. I wish I had the answer for it. I have an interview there scheduled for January 12. Any help would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
They do not have the numbers in the MSAR, so I am guessing they did not report it to the AAMC. All it has is the total new entrants. 16 in state, 64 OOS...80 total.

Hi guys...I'm interviewing there on December 12. Any other info would be really helpful. Thanks!

ayznshorti said:
Thanks for posting that! dang.. only 80.

It is difficult to say how many people Meharry interviews but considering that the amount of applicants the school gets is higher than average,I would expect they conduct a high number of interviews(just my guess). Also, many interviews are done after December and that is mainly because a huge amount of students do not complete their files and secondaries until late November or even later. In addition, I must say that even after you interview the wait can be extremely long and painful before you hear anything. That also applies pre-interview. I know of students in my class that had files complete early in the application process and did not get an invite until Feb or later. As far as the class being 80 students only I have to say thet is probably going to change. Meharry used to have a 5 year MD program(about 20 students e/a year were accepted into the program) so in any given year they accepted 80 students(in the standard 4 year program)but by adding the 20 from the 5 year program that would make about 100. In 2004 Meharrry completely got rid of the five year program so my class is the last one to have about 100 students(80 whom were accepted with me in 2004 plus the 20 or so that were already there). THe incoming class this year is only 80 but according to what the DEan has said that will change. THey are looking at increasing the slots available to about three extra e/a year. This is not official but is what the Dean says her and the Administration are discussing. Anyway, sorry for the long e-mail but I hope this information answers some of the Q's people have.

Gr42 said:
It is difficult to say how many people Meharry interviews but considering that the amount of applicants the school gets is higher than average,I would expect they conduct a high number of interviews(just my guess). Also, many interviews are done after December and that is mainly because a huge amount of students do not complete their files and secondaries until late November or even later. In addition, I must say that even after you interview the wait can be extremely long and painful before you hear anything. That also applies pre-interview. I know of students in my class that had files complete early in the application process and did not get an invite until Feb or later. As far as the class being 80 students only I have to say thet is probably going to change. Meharry used to have a 5 year MD program(about 20 students e/a year were accepted into the program) so in any given year they accepted 80 students(in the standard 4 year program)but by adding the 20 from the 5 year program that would make about 100. In 2004 Meharrry completely got rid of the five year program so my class is the last one to have about 100 students(80 whom were accepted with me in 2004 plus the 20 or so that were already there). THe incoming class this year is only 80 but according to what the DEan has said that will change. THey are looking at increasing the slots available to about three extra e/a year. This is not official but is what the Dean says her and the Administration are discussing. Anyway, sorry for the long e-mail but I hope this information answers some of the Q's people have.

Wait, maybe I read this wrong. They are only going to increase it from 80 to 83? Also, do you know how many they interview and accept? Anyone have that from USNews?

USArmyDoc said:
Wait, maybe I read this wrong. They are only going to increase it from 80 to 83? Also, do you know how many they interview and accept? Anyone have that from USNews?

Just for you, I checked. But they didn't report that stuff. Actually, there is no info other than the application fee costs $60.

musiclink213 said:
Just for you, I checked. But they didn't report that stuff. Actually, there is no info other than the application fee costs $60.

Thank you. Musiclink there is SOMETHING telling me you are hot!! I don't know what it is though :)

USArmyDoc said:
Thank you. Musiclink there is SOMETHING telling me you are hot!! I don't know what it is though :)

It's gotta be my supersexy avatar which for some strange reason stopped showing up ages ago and I don't remember how to get it back. And you know, every girl loves a guy in uniform :D

musiclink213 said:
It's gotta be my supersexy avatar which for some strange reason stopped showing up ages ago and I don't remember how to get it back. And you know, every girl loves a guy in uniform :D

You're the best. BTW, I have to say this. I honestly feel an interview coming from Rosalind Franklin for you. I am positive. I have a feeling. It'll happy my love. People must think we are nuts. ;)

chemwiz14 said:
Does anyone know how many students Meharry interviews?????? and how their interviews are?

Just in case anyone in here is still wondering about how many people Meharry interviews per year, the asnwer is Approximately 600. That is what Mrs. Mosley (Director of admissions) told me today when I asked him. As of today I would say they have already interview a little bit over 100 (just a guess). The biggest months for interviews are january and February;however, they offer interviews all the way until April.