2025-2026 Meharry

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG I called yesterday and got the same lady who took the same info. They in fact did not call me yesterday. Tried calling the same number today and the line was busy.
what no WAY not them doing the same thing to you too??? They didn't call me either lol -- going to call again on Monday bc it's been two months now since that email
 
Can someone tell me what to expect with the MMI portion of the interview? Will we be expected to write out our responses?
You have about 3 minutes to think about how you're going to answer a question and about 5 mins to answer it out loud. It was 30 mins total so there are about 3 qs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent back my secondary in september, sent an update email last week. Received a response that they were still looking at my app. I've heard with this school it's better to call. What are yalls thoughts? should I just leave it?
 
what no WAY not them doing the same thing to you too??? They didn't call me either lol -- going to call again on Monday bc it's been two months now since that email
Lmk if you had any luck getting through. I called again today and got sent to voicemail. Starting to get frustrated since it has been 2 months since the email with no update. And it's almost march.
 
Waiting is stressing me out so hard. I don't think I've seen any acceptances online from my interview cohort yet but still just really antsy about it rn.
 
Does anyone have general tips/advice for the MMI portion? Any particular resources that helped you prep?🙏
I just watched a bunch of different scenario examples on youtube but those are mostly focused on ethics questions. My best advice would be to have examples and explanations for everything! I heard in a lot of the videos that it's good to mention some of the opposing sides fair arguments towards ethical issues but to double down about why you hold your opinion at the end. If they ask personal questions or a general one like "What would make you a good physician" give examples and stories with your answer! ex. I think I would be a good physicians because I have empathy. One time when I was volunteering...
If you just say you are something without giving an example they might think you're saying that just to say it.
 
Waiting is stressing me out so hard. I don't think I've seen any acceptances online from my interview cohort yet but still just really antsy about it rn.
I saw someone who interviewed after me got accepted on Admit.org. I started crashing out a little.
 
Has anyone been sent a secondary since January? I was told that they still send them out past the Jan 15th deadline, it's just in smaller numbers now.
 
Those of yall that have interviewed or been accepted, did they tell talk about starting school a little earlier this year so that new students can be grandfathered in to take out Grad Plus loans?
 
Those of yall that have interviewed or been accepted, did they tell talk about starting school a little earlier this year so that new students can be grandfathered in to take out Grad Plus loans?
Classes start in June (they always have though), so yes new students for co 2030 are grandfathered in to grad plus loans for the first three years. Final year would have to be private loans or some other external funding though.
 
Depending on financial aid from my other acceptance Meharry's june start date is flat out incredibly clutch, especially if your credit score isnt hot or you dont have financially secure cosigners. man why couldnt all schools this cycle bump it back!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depending on financial aid from my other acceptance Meharry's june start date is flat out incredibly clutch, especially if your credit score isnt hot or you dont have financially secure cosigners. man why couldnt all schools this cycle bump it back!
So true, I have acceptances elsewhere but those private loans are gonna be so brutal. Plus I don't know if they would even lend to me with my credit score. Meharry is like 20 minutes from me. If I could stay home, I won't need to take out full cost of attendance in loans. I'm grateful to the other schools that accepted me but going here would legit save me from an extra 250k in loans.
 
Depending on financial aid from my other acceptance Meharry's june start date is flat out incredibly clutch, especially if your credit score isnt hot or you dont have financially secure cosigners. man why couldnt all schools this cycle bump it back!
Also income based repayments on a residents salary with federal loans would make a huge quality of life difference vs private loans the payments could be astronomically high relative to salary during residency.
 
Has anyone here had interviewer no show on your interview?
Reading through the thread it looks like it was pretty common around the ice storm late jan. If it happened to you I would email the admissions team or call the school but I've heard they're a bit hard to get a hold of.
 
Reading through the thread it looks like it was pretty common around the ice storm late jan. If it happened to you I would email the admissions team or call the school but I've heard they're a bit hard to get a hold of.
My timeline does not align with the storm. Thanks for this insight though!
 
Has anyone been sent a secondary since January? I was told that they still send them out past the Jan 15th deadline, it's just in smaller numbers now.
Ive been completely ghosted. Im gonna send an email saying im still interested in their program on monday, maybe they will reply and just give the closure of an R or whatever it is they plan to do
 
Ive been completely ghosted. Im gonna send an email saying im still interested in their program on monday, maybe they will reply and just give the closure of an R or whatever it is they plan to do
I sent an email pretty recently, no response. Edit: on a different topic tho
 
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could provide insight into the MMI portion of the interview. Should I expect more ethical scenarios, more character development scenarios, or both? Also, I'm assuming that there are no acting-based role plays since it's virtual, but can someone please confirm that?
 
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could provide insight into the MMI portion of the interview. Should I expect more ethical scenarios, more character development scenarios, or both? Also, I'm assuming that there are no acting-based role plays since it's virtual, but can someone please confirm that?
I had both kind of questions
 
How many weeks after interview do they get back with updates?

Also, did you guys send thank you letters after the interview?
I interviewed in Jan and still haven't heard anything. I sent thank you letters to all my interviewers on the same day. Only a faculty member and a student responded though.
 
I interviewed in Jan and still haven't heard anything. I sent thank you letters to all my interviewers on the same day. Only a faculty member and a student responded though.
How did you find your faculty member’s email. I have hard time finding mine
 
I received my acceptance 2-3 weeks after my last interview back in Nov, and I did not send any thank you letters because I just personally felt like I already did enough thanking at the end of my interview lol
I received my acceptance 2-3 weeks after my last interview back in Nov, and I did not send any thank you letters because I just personally felt like I already did enough thanking at the end of my interview lol
Oh! Thank you for that. And congrats 🎊
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes- on both the original date and rescheduled date. Was not able to reschedule as the calendar had no other dates and did not get any response after sending follow up emails. Decided it was not worth the trouble to keep pushing as I had other acceptances. But it was very unprofessional on their part.
 
Yes- on both the original date and rescheduled date. Was not able to reschedule as the calendar had no other dates and did not get any response after sending follow up emails. Decided it was not worth the trouble to keep pushing as I had other acceptances. But it was very unprofessional on their part.
Im sorry that happened. I'm worried that may happen to me too.
 
Makes me worry if we attend this school...are we going to be repeatedly left hanging? To network, coordinate, and match you need a strong supportive administration I would like to think. Not a good look...
 
Makes me worry if we attend this school...are we going to be repeatedly left hanging? To network, coordinate, and match you need a strong supportive administration I would like to think. Not a good look...
I've heard that its a much more "do it yourself school" so they won't be babysitting you for everything
 
Makes me worry if we attend this school...are we going to be repeatedly left hanging? To network, coordinate, and match you need a strong supportive administration I would like to think. Not a good look...
I am worried about this to based on the fact I got an email saying I would get an II in January and never got it. Then I emailed and called three times about it since it had been a whole extra month. Have not heard a single thing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad